Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Great news, he's a massive player for us. We now have a season or two to work out who to replace him with, and allow Mapou to adapt to the Premiership alongside a quality centre half rather than Williamson or even Taylor.

Has this come from anywhere other than the Sun?

Id like confirmation from the club, not that they tell us anything.

Would be the single best piece of news, this summer.

Guest Roger Kint

Has this come from anywhere other than the Sun?

Id like confirmation from the club, not that they tell us anything.

Would be the single best piece of news, this summer.

You mean aside from the quotes of him speaking live on TV? :lol:

And why would the club tell us anything? Nothing has changed on their part.

I honestly think we have made an agreement to let him go next summer. Too much to lose him at the minute especially with Williamson leaving so they have asked him to stay 1 more year then he can leave on a free.

I honestly think we have made an agreement to let him go next summer. Too much to lose him at the minute especially with Williamson leaving so they have asked him to stay 1 more year then he can leave on a free.

So every time he doesn't leave, it's because we've agreed he can leave in the next window? This could become tiring.

So every time he doesn't leave, it's because we've agreed he can leave in the next window? This could become tiring.

We've just got to keep doing it until his contract runs out.

Not wanting to piss all over the good news but been having a chat with a couple of mates and the debate arose that even if he stays he clearly doesn't want to be here and seems underwhelmed judging by the quotes about actually being here and why would we want a player who A, doesnt want to be here and B, who's performances on the field could be affected by this.

A valid point but I was more of the thinking that Colo seems like a professional and would probably say that we would still get more assured performances from him than indeed Yanga-Mbiwa (who's still settling in) or any potential new CB to bed in also.

Is anyone worried about this? Do you believe his performances may stagnate as time goes on?

Is anyone worried about this? Do you believe his performances may stagnate as time goes on?

No, because even Coloccini at 50% effectiveness is superior to Mbiwa, Taylor or Williamson/new centre half/promoted young 'un.

Sure, it's not ideal, but if your mates reckon him not being of 100% means better to play someone else and/or get rid, then get new mates...

I don't there's any evidence he would perform less than 100%. If he's decided to stay I think we can trust that he'll be professional about it.

I agree but you know what will happen the first time he's not 100%, he'll be accused of not giving a shit.  I’m sure the reception he was given after the Arsenal game will have made stopping easier for him.  The fans could have slaughtered him but they didn’t, they did the opposite and things like that will make a difference, even if only a small one.