Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Mate and I watched all the goals again and he was at fault for a majority of them. He gets caught ball-watching over and over again, and if Aguero has just scored 4 f***ing goals on your ass, why would you not mark him and let him gingerly score another tap-in?

Colo was at fault for "the majority of them"?

1 - Mbabu didn't track Fernandinho when Silva dinked it towards the back post - Janmaat was marking Aguero and didn't track him - well worked goal

2 - Mbemba awful pass

3 - Janmaat was yards behind the rest of the line (this has happened for a few goals lately) - Aguero spun off Mbemba (who probably thought he was offside) and finished superbly - well worked goal

4 - Gouffran didn't track de Bruyne

5 - Aguero skipped-by Mbemba and finished superbly

6 - Aguero got in-between Colo and Lascellas to tap in

Aguero was world class and sometimes you have to accept that he was far too good for our defenders to handle!

Could you explain what Colo was doing for the first goal - I've watched it quite a few times now and his movements are inexplicable.  Looks to me like he leaves his man and runs off to chase the ball.  Although it looks to me like he has absolutely no idea who he is meant to be marking anyway.

In addition, Colo is pretty awful on the second goal - doesn't seem to bother harrying Aguero at all.

Dragged out of position for the third and leaves a huge gap where he should be.

Marking absolutely no-one for the fourth as De Bruyne runs in behind him.

So slow to anticipate on the 6th.

:lol: Aye Ronaldo's going to sit down with a nice cup of tea to read through that.

I won't. He gets paid to defend and lead and he's utterly shit at both. I can only imagine the nonsense he said to Bird.

Shame, you missed this:

Concerning his leadership style, he said: “I could go to the pitch and start to shout and put my hand up, but that is not the way to lead a squad. It is like being a small child then.

Never a foul in a million years. I suppose the normal crowd on here will give him grief but that's good defending in my book - simply guarding the ball through to the keeper. Absolutely foaming now -  we've bossed the whole game.

Pretty much any other CB in the PL gets to that ball first. He's just far too slow at this level.

No doubt next time the teams sits deep and we only lose 1-0 to a decent side this thread will be full of empty plaudits again, mind.

Pretty much any other CB in the PL gets to that ball first. He's just far too slow at this level.

No doubt next time the teams sits deep and we only lose 1-0 to a decent side this thread will be full of empty plaudits again, mind.

Pathological need to be correct.

I think there was a case for a penalty like, he wasn't contending the ball.

Yep. Not a red but it's a penalty.

The odd thing about the decision is I can see it as a foul because it was late, Eliot was already there to the ref just thinks he's barged over player after play has gone effectively dead. But if that's the case it's not a red cos keeper has it. I think it was a foul cos Colo was too slow to get shoulder to shoulder both competing for the ball possibly but harsh.

Fucking joke decision. Can't blame Colo for that one. He eased the attacker off shoulder to shoulder and the Mackem cunt bought a penalty from a piss-weak referee. If the refs can't get the easy decisions right is it any wonder we give them grief? We might as well do away with defenders altogether because the art of good CB play is dead.

I think there was a case for a penalty like, he wasn't really contending the ball.

Not really, both players were going for it, Fletcher was 2 yards ahead of him and Elliot had the ball in his hands before he went down.