Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I didn't know a contract had been offered...

Yet you still feel the need to compare it to the Enrique situation, grow up.

December 2010 - Enrique hadn't signed a new contract.

August 2010 - Enrique signs for Liverpool.

December 2011 - Coloccini hasn't signed a new contract.

I know Enrique looked like he couldn't be bothered when he was playing for us in 2011, but he wasn't in a Liverpool shirt :lol:

I didn't know a contract had been offered...

Yet you still feel the need to compare it to the Enrique situation, grow up.

December 2010 - Enrique hadn't signed a new contract.

August 2010 - Enrique signs for Liverpool.

December 2011 - Coloccini hasn't signed a new contract.

Enough trolling man :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I did think Colocho had been relatively quiet on the negativity lately. Back with a fucking vengeance today with both Colo and Tiote. :lol:

How dare you! You dont know him.....:D

I did think Colocho had been relatively quiet on the negativity lately. Back with a fucking vengeance today with both Colo and Tiote. :lol:

How dare you! You dont know him.....:D

And tbf, it's not his fault he didn't know that contracts had been offered, he doesn't read everything in the history of the world, ever..

Guest Roger Kint

Doesnt even read the ones he has posted in when it was pastered all over the thread title :lol:

These kind of articles serve one purpose alone.

Come the summer, we'll be hearing a club 'spokesperson' bleating on about how "he was offered a new contract in November."

:undecided:

Because we have been making progress.

Whilst this is the astute thing to do - surely we can sustain £70k wages for a player of Coloccini's importance? Our captain - arguably the best defender this club has had in the Premier League. A reduction in his wages from £70k a week (£3.6m a year) to £40k a week (£2m a year) is a saving of £1.6 million a year - just how significant is this saving? Are Ashley and pals willing to gamble the future of such an important player for £1.6 million a year?

When you consider the £26m profit earned from the sales of players this year (believe the wage bill has only slightly increased) surely we should be in a position to keep a player integral to our success at the club? There are other considerations to be made, such as Steven Taylor's injury (he could be out for a year) - if Colo is sold, what will be our CB pairing at the start of next season? What about the inevitable exit of Alan Smith and the £60,000 a week that would 'free up' on the wage bill. Surely half of that could be used to keep Coloccini happy?

Where else could we sign a player of Coloccini's quality - with an outlay of less than £15m over four years?

I don't get that earlier this morning he didn't know a contract was on the table. Since discovering it on here he understands that Colo needs to take a £30k a week cut. And that the offer is being reported by the club-controlled press. Amazing how quickly he gets his info from his non-computer screen sources.