Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Loads of shite spouted about Coloccini on this forum in the past like. Seem to remember even when he was easily our best performer in the Championship there was many who held a vendetta and wanted him sold, despite the umpteen players less capable of the step up in our promotion side.

You'd like to think he's universally turned opinion by now.

Wasn't that thread made the night we got relegated? Had to expect just a tad of hyperbole and nonsense.

I honestly thought he'd the first out of the door that summer.

Loads of s**** spouted about Coloccini on this forum in the past like. Seem to remember even when he was easily our best performer in the Championship there was many who held a vendetta and wanted him sold, despite the umpteen players less capable of the step up in our promotion side.

You'd like to think he's universally turned opinion by now.

Coloccini wasn't even as bad in his first season as some people still make out.

When he was good he was very good but too often he looked slow, weak and a liability.

Both him and Enrique tought me that with imports, it's never too late for them to come good.

Wasn't that thread made the night we got relegated? Had to expect just a tad of hyperbole and nonsense.

To be fair, the lad was getting a dog's abuse as far as 3-5 games into our Championship season.

I remember when Zurab was signed someone wanted him in the team instead. And then Malcolm MacDrunkard 'wrote' an article during December '09 stating that we 'had' to sign Matthew f***ing Kilgallon to replace him in the upcoming window.

:lol:

I meant it in that way - not like you're someone looking for handouts around SJP and happen to get info.

Ah right i thought you meant like this geezer :lol:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02040/newcastle-fan_2040213i.jpg

This gimp was in the Chronicle comments thing about Speed. He said he was one of the best members of the Keegan era. Also gave his surname as actually being Toogood.

:dowie:

Guest firetotheworks

There was nothing wrong with the defence that got us relegated. Most people could see that it was the absolutely shocking central midfield that didn't protect it.

There was nothing wrong with the defence that got us relegated. Most people could see that it was the absolutely shocking central midfield that didn't protect it.

Nicky fucking Butt, man. What an atrocious player. Will always remember that utterly pointless overhead kick clearance, in our own half, under no pressure, against some mediocre opposition, mind.

That thread :lol:

Colocho declaring Coloccini wasn't a central defender, and that he should've been playing in midfield all along.

I did point to the fact that he had played at CDM for Depor and Argentina...

Yeah I know, yours was just one of the many now ridiculous statements from that time.

Colocho declaring Coloccini wasn't a central defender, and that he should've been playing in midfield all along.

In that case we should certainly be giving Jonas a run at right back

oh god, oh god, jonas at right back

http://i.imgur.com/N5llO.jpg

Except Colo looked good at CDM (before he joined us).