Leeds United 3-2 Newcastle United - FT

Skirge

Had a few texts now saying Ba was dreadful. Anyone see it and beg to differ?

Disagree. Was clever in his hold up play. But obviously he lacks a striker that suits  his play. Sholadinhio and Ba are identical as players. The former was rubbish today. Jr. did much more when he came on. Ba needs crossers, which we didn't have today.

Ba is fuck all like Ameobi except for the fact they are both black. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Disagree. Was clever in his hold up play. But obviously he lacks a striker that suits  his play. Sholadinhio and Ba are identical as players. The former was rubbish today. Jr. did much more when he came on. Ba needs crossers, which we didn't have today.

Tbf, no one is like Shola and never ever will be.

Guest hobshobs

So if Liverpool lost 3-0 to Hull, where are they in the relegation battle ?!?

A good few places and a good few points above us. They have decent strikers as well.

Guest Wally_McFool

Just saying like re Butcher.

I think the season will be a struggle but it would a disaster to relegate us.

Butcher & Nevin are probably basing their predictions on the old 2nd season syndrome!

So are Barcelona in trouble because they lost to Man Utd and Owen who couldn't hit a barn door last season scored after having such an advantage last season.  Pre season is all about fitness and I'll only judge us after the Arsenal game.

No they are not, they are judging the result only as most of the knee-jerkers do.

Sounds like Danny Simpson was his utter s*** self again.

:lol:

Tbf, no one is like Shola and never ever will be.

And yeah, Simpson was shit. He got raped by Gradel, who is a decent player btw. Good movements, fast, works hard and a good finisher with both feet.

Some right drama queens in here like.

My main concern's not the performance or result but the line up and the bench. One game left in pre-season and we look nowhere near ready for a Premier League game in terms of personnel.

Quoted for absolute truth. One game to somehow magically develop some kind of blend and understanding. We've got to play the 11 that will start the game against Arsenal in our last game.

Guest neesy111

So are Barcelona in trouble because they lost to Man Utd and Owen who couldn't hit a barn door last season scored after having such an advantage last season.  Pre season is all about fitness and I'll only judge us after the Arsenal game.

No they are not, they are judging the result only as most of the knee-jerkers do.

I see you left the comment out about me saying pre season is all about fitness.  Twat.

I see you left the comment out about me saying pre season is all about fitness.  t***.

What?! :lol: :lol:

Guest hobshobs

Pre-season results aren't important. Performance, attitude, fitness levels are. But we are Newcastle United. I remember years and years ago after Glasgow Rangers lost a friendly, manager Jock Wallace was interviewed and the reporter said something to the effect of pre-season friendlies don't count for anything. Manager Jock Wallace took his head off with: "Glasgow Rangers don't play friendlies son." Pride and passion of playing under the name of Newcastle United should be enough. Sadly today it isn't. Ameobi captain. Enough said.

What was Vuckic's goal like?

Long ball over top. Ba controlled it deep in the leeds box, pulled it back, Vuckic 1 touch to control and left foot drilled finish... keeper got a hand to it but was a good finish.

Vuckic was the only highlight i could see from today. Foster was extremely poor, as was the defence, the midfield couldnt keep the ball and niether could the strikers. Got better as the game went on. Cabaye seems like he has a decent corner on him which Taylor converted.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110731/pardew-toon-too-shabby_2281670_2406489

Alan Pardew was left to rue a "shabby performance" after seeing his Newcastle side slip to a 3-2 defeat away at Leeds on Sunday.

Billy Paynter's late header won the contest for the Whites, who earlier had Patrick Kisnorbo and Lloyd Sam on target.

Steven Taylor and Haris Vuckic had twice drawn Newcastle level, but manager Pardew admitted they were far from at their best at Elland Road.

"We gave away three really bad goals, and the first two were individual errors," the boss told nufcTV.

"The first goal in particular set the tone for a shabby performance from us. Leeds' focus was better. We were the better team but we didn't have the focus we needed against them today, and those mistakes cost us the result.

"Sometimes in a game like that you learn more, and I've learnt more about individual players today than I have all pre-season."

However, Pardew insists there were some glimmers of light on a miserable afternoon in Yorkshire, and has promised plenty of hard work before the season's opener against Arsenal in less than a fortnight.

"There were some positives," he said.

"Cabaye was a positive - he played the holding role and you could see that, although he is a great passer, he also has defensive qualities.

"Haris came on and showed what he is about, Demba Ba was good in all he did without actually getting a goal, and Danny Simpson played well.

"So there were some positives, and we will work hard on our focus over the next two weeks."

Foster: 4 Poor performance gifted them the 1st goal should have done better for the 2nd and poor positioning for the 3rd although probably couldnt have stopped it. Not ready yet going by today's performance.

Simpson: 6 Did ok against a tricky Gradel showed him down the line everytime so learning on that aspect.

S Taylor: 6 Kept trying to playing it from the back but lack of options from the midfield, defence a bit suspect at times but was a big threat attacking set pieces.

Williamson: 5 Again below standard seems to be lack of leadership between himself and Taylor, got outmuscled for the 2nd goal although i thought was a clear foul.

Tavernier: 5 Expecting more from the lad poor positioning but supported the attack well however hasn't got a left foot cut inside to his right everytime

Barton: 6 Got stuck in but not very effective got some crosses in but with no accuracy

Cabaye: 7 Best performer from the starting 11 today, kept it neat and tidy will improve and is a good corner taker.

Gosling: 5 Struggled in my opinion not sure what his strengths are, i would put Vuckic ahead of him at the moment.

Gutierrez: 6 Carried the ball well but missed Jose today.

Ba: 6 Tried to drop deeper to see more of the ball but lacked penetration got beat in the air quite a few times by the defenders.

Sh Ameobi: 5 Didnt really see much from him

Subs

R Taylor: 5 Nothing much but i would say i would play Raylor over Tavernier

Vuckic: 7 Great impact today came on showed some nice touches and got the goal. Deserves more playing time next game

Sa Ameobi: 4 Very poor not a winger although not his fault over hit too crosses with his left and dribbled it out of play when chasing for the 3rd goal.

Another guy came on forgot his name didnt see much from him niether

EDIT:

Forgot Best 6 Played better than Ameobi and should be ahead of him

Simpson needs replacing at some point, like. Doubt it'll happen.

How about Raylor? Doesn't get worse than Simpson in defense, but Raylor is much better in attack.

What's the point in replacing one shite player with another shite player?

Simpson needs replacing at some point, like. Doubt it'll happen.

How about Raylor? Doesn't get worse than Simpson in defense, but Raylor is much better in attack.

Raylor manages to be far worse defensively. How? I don't know.