Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Call me old fashioned but i like my winger to have a go at a full back and get a cross in, Shitebulb does neither with equal excellence....what exactly is the point of him being on the pitch if so.

To make Gutierrez look good.

Call me old fashioned but i like my winger to have a go at a full back and get a cross in, Shitebulb does neither with equal excellence....what exactly is the point of him being on the pitch if so.

Thing is Jonas grafts for the team and wins us freekicks in good areas, Obertan does nothing at all apart from waste possession and put us under pressure.

Does it count the one he lost with the ref?

:lol:

That was brilliantly crap, he ran at the stationary ref and lost the ball and just looked at him as if the ref came from nowhere.

The way he just stopped was like he was surprised the ref didn't play the clever 1-2.

Thing is Jonas grafts for the team and wins us freekicks in good areas, Obertan does nothing at all apart from waste possession and put us under pressure.

Not for the last two months he hasnt.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, if Jonas as he is at the moment not playing his best, he still works hard, Obertan doesn't put a shift in at all, so much so it was shameful yesterday, he just doesn't chase a ball down especially if he is the one who loses it.

:giggs:

I think his injury will give a huge boost to the lads.

I imagine Sammy and Best will start though leaving me looking like this in my seat in the Gallowgate:

http://0.asset.soup.io/asset/1526/8208_4bfe.gif

:lol: :lol:

There's potential in him to be a decent footballer but I'll be damned if anyone ever makes him live up to it. Don't like seeing our own players get slaughtered by the fans but patience must be wearing thin even for Pardew surely.

There's potential in him to be a decent footballer but I'll be damned if anyone ever makes him live up to it. Don't like seeing our own players get slaughtered by the fans but patience must be wearing thin even for Pardew surely.

Do you genuinely think that? I know it sounds like it's just over-the-top criticism of the guy, but i honestly see no redeeming features.

The only effective thing he is currently doing is detracting attention away from the ineffective guti. But i suppose it is ok as he works back and plays as a 'defensive winger'..... Mind you it would be better if we had a LB who could defend and a winger who could attack. 

The only effective thing he is currently doing is detracting attention away from the ineffective guti. But i suppose it is ok as he works back and plays as a 'defensive winger'..... Mind you it would be better if we had a LB who could defend and a winger who could attack. 

Yep, both are fucking woeful and a player like Ben Arfa will never properly flourish playing up front in this 4-4-2 with the likes of Jonas and Obertan on the wings.

he wasn't always like that though was he? he got a lot of praise when i read on here quite rightly last year for a lot of his displays going forward and attacking. definitely misses enrique though, not sure whether the raylor effect has left him jaded and in that defensive mindset as he doesn't want to commit even when going forward

Remember when we had Solano and Robert on the wings. Wonder how many Ba would be scoring if he had the service they would provide. At the minute we may aswell have four fullbacks on the pitch and still they all seem shite, with Santon being the exception.

he wasn't always like that though was he? he got a lot of praise when i read on here quite rightly last year for a lot of his displays going forward and attacking. definitely misses enrique though, not sure whether the raylor effect has left him jaded and in that defensive mindset as he doesn't want to commit even when going forward

No doubt he misses jose. They complimented each other well, and their work both offensively and defensively was very good. But without jose he seems somewhat lost, and struggles to make his mark on a large proportion of our games.  I could be being harsh in suggesting he has lost a yard of pace...

Do you genuinely think that? I know it sounds like it's just over-the-top criticism of the guy, but i honestly see no redeeming features.

I can see what he means, Obertan's got a few fancy tricks and pace to burn. Unfortunately he also has a heart the size of a pea - I don't even think it's an issue of lacking a football brain. I know it's early days but for me he's another Routledge, over-awed and probably needs to be at a less high profile club. With the ability and pace he has at his disposal he should be tearing defenders a new one but usually he just fades miserably into the background.