Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I am being told on twitter that..

"Gabriel Obertan has created the most chances at Nufc from open play this season (18)

I suppose that's stats for you. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital. I.e. He is shit.

How can you even calculate such a statistic? Completely opinion-orientated.

Load of s***.

I know what constitutes a chance. What decides if it is a good one or a bad one? Entirely subjective, that doesn't translate into numbers.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I am being told on twitter that..

"Gabriel Obertan has created the most chances at Nufc from open play this season (18)

I suppose that's stats for you. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital. I.e. He is shit.

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081069/Newcastles-Gabriel-Obertan-action-month.html

Obertan toe injury gives Pardew new headache as Newcastle fear winger could miss a month

By Colin Young

Last updated at 9:20 PM on 1st January 2012

Newcastle United fear they will be without winger Gabriel Obertan for a month after he suffered a recurrence of a toe injury.

The ex-Manchester United man is ruled out of a meeting with his former club on Wednesday night and his absence is another blow for manager Alan Pardew whose fragile squad is already being stretched at the start of a new transfer window.

With Sylvain Marveaux, Danny Guthrie and Peter Lovenkrands also out, Pardew could hand Irish youngster Shane Ferguson his first start of the season against the Barclays Premier League champions and switch Jonas Gutierrez to the right wing.

As long as he doesn't pick that French guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081069/Newcastles-Gabriel-Obertan-action-month.html

Obertan toe injury gives Pardew new headache as Newcastle fear winger could miss a month

By Colin Young

Newcastle United fear they will be without winger Gabriel Obertan for a month after he suffered a recurrence of a toe injury.

The ex-Manchester United man is ruled out of a meeting with his former club on Wednesday night and his absence is another blow for manager Alan Pardew whose fragile squad is already being stretched at the start of a new transfer window.

With Sylvain Marveaux, Danny Guthrie and Peter Lovenkrands also out, Pardew could hand Irish youngster Shane Ferguson his first start of the season against the Barclays Premier League champions and switch Jonas Gutierrez to the right wing.

As long as he doesn't pick that French guy.

Lol I read the bit in bold and was about to say that he could always just pick Ben Arfa.. However I'd quite like to see Feguson given a chance, so hoping Ben Arfa can start in that "number 10 role" on Wednesday.

Because that's likely.  :yao:

By Colin Young

It's sad when you are glad to have a player injured but in this case, good.