NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

Wayne Bridge vs Jadson, Dann and Mata

They will strengthen more than us. Therefore, we are more likely to lose. It's not hard.

This just typifies the ultra pessemistic attitude on here like :lol:

I agree we're better off playing the game now then postponing it though.

:lol: I'm a little pessimistic, but not an ultra pessimist. I thought that was a pretty realistic comparison of what is to be expected from our transfers tbh.

On Saturday, we will be reeling from the loss of Enrique, they will be without Cesc and Nasri. They will be hurting more than us. Their loss is much more significant than ours.

I'm confident in the rest of our team. Pieters may turn out to be good.

But I'm a negative bastard anyway so :lol:

Nah I meant the assumption that our strengthening will be brining in Wayne Bridge :)

Wayne Bridge vs Jadson, Dann and Mata

They will strengthen more than us. Therefore, we are more likely to lose. It's not hard.

This just typifies the ultra pessemistic attitude on here like :lol:

I agree we're better off playing the game now then postponing it though.

:lol: I'm a little pessimistic, but not an ultra pessimist. I thought that was a pretty realistic comparison of what is to be expected from our transfers tbh.

On Saturday, we will be reeling from the loss of Enrique, they will be without Cesc and Nasri. They will be hurting more than us. Their loss is much more significant than ours.

I agree this is a better time to play them then say three weeks from now.  Just thought it was funny that you assume Arsenal will get everyone they're linked with while we'll end up with only Wayne Bridge :weep:

I think it would favour us more to be honest if the game was postponed.

Do you think Nasri and Fabregas will play?

Neither, 100%.

Hmm, tempted to put a bet on in that case.

I know I'll get some stick for this, saying this on here particularly, but I wouldn't put a bet on you winning. Draw to me seems the sensible option or an Arsenal win. I've had Arsenal DNB on a couple of accumulators. I think you'll see good performances from Ramsey and Gervinho in particular and the defence should be as good as it can get if Vermaelen is fit.

Definitely out-

Gibbs

Diaby

Eastmond

Nasri

Cesc

Possibly out-

RvP

Walcott

Wilshere

Vermaelen

I personally think we will risk RvP and Vermaelen from the 4 of the possibles.

Arshavin is a strange one, everybody seems to be writing him out of their possible teams but there is no news of an injury anywhere...

If he's not I imagine he'll start ahead of Miyaichi and Miyaichi will replace Lansbury on the bench.

I THINK we will play.

Szczesny

Sagna-Djourou-Vermaelen-Traore

Song-Ramsey

Gervinho-Rosicky-Miyaichi

RvP

Bench: Fabianski, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Lansbury, Walcott, Chamakh

Dunno if it's been posted but in that press conference today Pardew confirmed 'it hasn't been possible' to get a left back or striker in for this game.

But Enrique's sale came completely out of the blue, and Carroll was only sold 192 days ago tbf.

I think it would favour us more to be honest if the game was postponed.

Do you think Nasri and Fabregas will play?

Neither, 100%.

Hmm, tempted to put a bet on in that case.

I know I'll get some stick for this, saying this on here particularly, but I wouldn't put a bet on you winning. Draw to me seems the sensible option or an Arsenal win. I've had Arsenal DNB on a couple of accumulators. I think you'll see good performances from Ramsey and Gervinho in particular and the defence should be as good as it can get if Vermaelen is fit.

I doubt you'll get stick for that.  But I think 3/1 is pretty good odds for a Newcastle win with the likes of Nasri, Fabregas, Diaby, Wilshere and Van Persie all likely missing.  To me evens looks like poor odds for an Arsenal win looking at the team you just posted.  I suppose there is the likleyhood of a draw as you say..  But my bet will be matched with a free one if I lose so.. :)