Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

Sunderland always s*** themselves plus Ba will be given a lot more opportunities. Who are Cabaye and Tiote against? 'Catts' and ?

I agree Raylor needs replacing but our defence kept a lot better attacking players out this weekend and it seems Sunderlands best forward is out.

Colback or Gardener

Colback started for them at the weekend. Mackem mate says he was good in the latter part of last season, but I sense that was more because Sunderland's central midfield is gash and he was made to look good.

Guest WashyGeordie

Colback started for them at the weekend. Mackem mate says he was good in the latter part of last season, but I sense that was more because Sunderland's central midfield is gash and he was made to look good.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7971/dooggg.jpg

Sunderland always shit themselves plus Ba will be given a lot more opportunities. Who are Cabaye and Tiote against? 'Catts' and ?

I agree Raylor needs replacing but our defence kept a lot better attacking players out this weekend and it seems Sunderlands best forward is out.

Aye, hope you're right. Never know, the big Dong might thrive on the big stage.

As long as the midfield isn't overwhelmed and Cabaye gets some space on the ball we should be creating chances, but whether we have the players to put chances away, who knows  :undecided:

Sunderland always s*** themselves plus Ba will be given a lot more opportunities. Who are Cabaye and Tiote against? 'Catts' and ?

As long as the midfield isn't overwhelmed and Cabaye gets some space on the ball we should be creating chances, but whether we have the players to put chances away, who knows  :undecided:

Ba man. He's put chances away his whole career.

Their midfield is crap man, completely shocking. As long as we have a left back in place, as weird as this might sound, we'll control the middle of the park. Our superior ability in that department will be on show this weekend, no doubt in my mind about that.

I'd say we have a more balanced midfield than Liverpool FWIW, much better mix of guile and craft imo.

Their midfield is crap man, completely shocking. As long as we have a left back in place, as weird as this might sound, we'll control the middle of the park. Our superior ability in that department will be on show this weekend, no doubt in my mind about that.

I'd say we have a more balanced midfield than Liverpool FWIW, much better mix of guile and craft imo.

Not saying much since Liverpool didn't seem to be able to work out that getting the ball out wide to Downing to hit Carroll was a good idea...

Guest Haris Vuckic

Outside of the north east nobody in the league ''fears'' Sunderland and there's a reason why.

They are fucking gash and always have been

As long as the midfield isn't overwhelmed and Cabaye gets some space on the ball we should be creating chances, but whether we have the players to put chances away, who knows  :undecided:

Indeed, indeed. His performance on Saturday has put inappropriate doubts in my head  :harry: Sure he'll be fine.

Indeed, indeed. His performance on Saturday has put inappropriate doubts in my head  :harry: Sure he'll get a couple on this weekend to put me at ease.

Arsenal>>>>Sunderland

Vermalen>>>> Baby Rio

Really, really hope Barton or Saylor score. Both of them scoring would just be perfect; Barton to do a Liam O'Brien over the wall and Tayls to do a Dabizas. :snod:

living the dream, although i would settle for taylor scoring an o'brien, a dabizas one would be too much. would love for sammy to score as well, that any any ameobi song would be huge

Really, really hope Barton or Saylor score. Both of them scoring would just be perfect; Barton to do a Liam O'Brien over the wall and Tayls to do a Dabizas. :snod:

living the dream, although i would settle for taylor scoring an o'brien, a dabizas one would be too much. would love for sammy to score as well, that any any ameobi song would be huge

Joey, Tayls and Sammy would be too much like, but aye "any, any Ameobi" would be epic! :lol:

:snod:

Really hope a commentator would have some special commentary up there sleeve whilst a free kick was waiting to be taken, tyler or whoever, remembering the l o'brien commentary had ready "I fancy joey barton over the wall..." "...here goes barton etc

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Ferguson

Barton        Toite

Ober        Cabaye        Jonas

Ba

We will win 3-1. If Ober starts I can see a goal from him and 2 from Ba.

Krul

Toite

Barton    Cabaye         Jonas   

Ober         

Ba

That line up and you're in business.  Hopefully a different left-back too.

Krul

Toite

Barton    Cabaye        Jonas   

Ober         

Ba

That line up and you're in business.  Hopefully a different left-back too.

Was tempted to put a new LB but I think it would be too soon to throw one in to an Away derby.