Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

what was our line up when we drew 1-1 there last season (unluckily)

I reckon our strikers are better this time around, but we are missing Nolan and Enrique (obviously)

Harper

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Jose Enrique

Barton

Nolan

Smith

Gutierrez

Ameobi

Best

I think Ferguson left back would be pretty good if fit. I know there are concerns about his side but he is tenacious and with him and Jonas on the same side of the pitch they wouldn't manage to get themselves out of their own half. Can't see Larsson quite doing them for pace. Who is their right back? I can't remember anyone pacey. Could be brutal.

I think Ferguson left back would be pretty good if fit. I know there are concerns about his side but he is tenacious and with him and Jonas on the same side of the pitch they wouldn't manage to get themselves out of their own half. Can't see Larsson quite doing them for pace. Who is their right back? I can't remember anyone pacey. Could be brutal.

Larsson played on the left against Liverpool

Elmohamady played right midfield with Bardsley at right back

Is the match on tv in any other countries?  .com doesnt have a list up yet.

On in Sweden (probably all of Scandinavia) on Viasat. Someone mentioned it being on in the US as well. Probably on in most of the world bar the UK tbh :lol:

Is the match on tv in any other countries?  .com doesnt have a list up yet.

On in Sweden (probably all of Scandinavia) on Viasat. Someone mentioned it being on in the US as well. Probably on in most of the world bar the UK tbh :lol:

Cheers - on holiday at the moment, so hoping it'll somehow be on tv here.

What are the best places to watch this in London this weekend? Any good NUFC pubs?

Famous 3 Kings right next to West Kensington tube, not really a Newcastle pub as such but has every game on and always get a few Geordies in there watching.

How do they do that though if the game's not being shown live? Do they use a feed from a foreign satellite? Is that legal?

Yeah loads of places do it. I know of at least 3 places in my town that show every single NUFC game like. Not legal at all but thankfully the law seem to turn a blind eye towards it. Probably because half of them get in these places to watch NUFC like :lol:

'Thirdly - Sessegnon is better than every player Newcastle have in their squad (in an attacking sense obviously, I wouldnt fancy him in goal) nevermind f***ing Demba Ba.'

:kinnear:

Saw them comparing Cattermole and Tiote as equals the other day. None of them watched the Derbys last season it seems

'Thirdly - Sessegnon is better than every player Newcastle have in their squad (in an attacking sense obviously, I wouldnt fancy him in goal) nevermind f***ing Demba Ba.'

Saw them comparing Cattermole and Tiote as equals the other day. None of them watched the Derbys last season it seems

him missing the away one cost us the win

him missing the away one cost us the win

Aye, yet he's still club captain, despite probably being the 4th best player in his position at the club  :idiot2:

Guest Wearside

Their midfield is crap man, completely shocking. As long as we have a left back in place, as weird as this might sound, we'll control the middle of the park. Our superior ability in that department will be on show this weekend, no doubt in my mind about that.

I'd say we have a more balanced midfield than Liverpool FWIW, much better mix of guile and craft imo.

Aye a midfield that completely, and I mean completely dominated a very decent Liverpool side at Anfield in the second half on Saturday is shocking in your opinion, very few sides will go to Anfield this season and do what we done.

I watched Newcastle against Arsenal and the game totally passed Cabaye by and it really was no surprise when he got took off. Even listening to John Anderson on the BBC Newcastle phone-in laast night, he was saying just how similar Tiote and Cabaye are and how they both want to do the same defensive midfielder role and that Cabaye didn't look comfortable when pushed further forward.

No reason at all why you seem to think that you will 'control' the middle of the park on Saturday, keep on trying to convince yourself though.

Their midfield is crap man, completely shocking. As long as we have a left back in place, as weird as this might sound, we'll control the middle of the park. Our superior ability in that department will be on show this weekend, no doubt in my mind about that.

I'd say we have a more balanced midfield than Liverpool FWIW, much better mix of guile and craft imo.

Aye a midfield that completely, and I mean completely dominated a very decent Liverpool side at Anfield in the second half on Saturday is shocking in your opinion, very few sides will go to Anfield this season and do what we done.

I watched Newcastle against Arsenal and the game totally passed Cabaye by and it really was no surprise when he got took off. Even listening to John Anderson on the BBC Newcastle phone-in laast night, he was saying just how similar Tiote and Cabaye are and how they both want to do the same defensive midfielder role and that Cabaye didn't look comfortable when pushed further forward.

No reason at all why you seem to think that you will 'control' the middle of the park on Saturday, keep on trying to convince yourself though.

Did.

Cabaye isn't a DM. And Arsenal will bypass better midfields than ours this season...