Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

Guest Wearside

Thought Gyan's injured? or atleast a doubt?

Been training this morning according journalists on Twitter.

Sunderland fans where saying you where better whne he went of on saturday, is he likely to start then?

He will start, he looked overweight to me though so hope he is putting some extra hours this week.

I heard the 1st half of their game on Saturday and they were destroyed and defensively all over the place, could have been 4-0 down at half time, but they got a lot of luck and somehow got back into it, aided by a rather confused looking Liverpool in the 2nd half.

Their have been lucky in recent derbies too, lucky to get a draw at the sos last season and arguably just as lucky to get away with a 5-1 at SJP as we eased up on them after 70 minutes.

Despite the crap Shearer and co were spouting at the weekend, I think they're weaker than last season, minus Bent,Henderson,Onuha,Welbeck, Zenden and Malbranque, replacing them with a few relegation cast offs and a couple of past their sell by date mercenaries.

They may win on Saturday but they will not improve on last season's position.

Win,lose or draw no doubt the morons will be on the pitch again threatening players with the full blessing of their chairman and manager.

Guest Wearside

Would you not expect Bruce to drop Colback and Elmo for Vaughn and Gardner?

I'm hoping Gardner is in for Colback, not that Colback has done anything wrong, just don't think this is the game for him.

Just catching up on the last few pages and can't believe you think your midfield is better than ours. I guess we'll see on Saturday, but I reckon thats the one area where we're definitely better. Difference of opinion.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I couldn't see anything wrong with Carroll's goal.

Even the ''push'' which was minimal at the most.

I couldn't see anything wrong with Carroll's goal.

Even the ''push'' which was minimal at the most.

It's one of those where if you're the defending team, you'll claim Carroll contacted him and technically it's a foul; if you're the attacking team, you'll be pissed off by how ridiculously soft the foul was. Sunderland were fortunate to get away with that, and they were incredibly lucky to avoid being down to 10 men after 3 minutes of the match.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Basically for me they were worthy of getting their arses handed to them not ''well worth the point'' as they claim.

Basically for me they were worthy of getting their arses handed to them not ''well worth the point'' as they claim.

From what I've seen of the 2nd half, they gave a good account of themselves as Liverpool grew frustrated.

However that completely ignores the 2 big pieces of luck they received in the 1st half which prevented them in all likelihood losing comprehensively.

wonder if bruce has a song lined up for after the match

Of course he's got a song lined up for if they win, the fat headed oaf has had nearly a year to think about it.....and it'll be something entirely cringeworthy like Who Let the Dogs Out.  :facepalm:

The inbred knackas will lap it up and it'll just give us one more reason to look down on them.  :snod:

...hope it doesn't happen like  :harry:

John Anderson cannit tell his arse from his elbow man :lol:

Me dad was in the Black Bull in Wylam with him the other night and he thinks we will go down.

Good. He's thick as mince so that's exactly what I want to hear.

John Anderson cannit tell his arse from his elbow man :lol:

Me dad was in the Black Bull in Wylam with him the other night and he thinks we will go down.

Good. He's thick as mince so that's exactly what I want to hear.

You know Penkaaa's Dad?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm going to dispense with the bravado and just admit I'm f***ing cacking myself :lol: I f***ing hate the build up to the derby.

Me too but I have IBS.