L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Would we really fly the lad, his agent etc.. to London, arrange professionals to be there and carry out a medical only to pretend he has failed a medical just because we didn't want to sign him?

???

No

Would we really fly the lad, his agent etc.. to London, arrange professionals to be there and carry out a medical only to pretend he has failed a medical just because we didn't want to sign him?

???

Of course not, but others would like to think so. 

If Ashley wasn't going to "splash the cash" on this guy then he surely wouldn't spend the money to set up an elaborate plan for this kid to fail a medical.

???

Yes, it follows from the principle of Schrodinger's Dolt. You see, Ashley and co are at the same time both Hannibal Lecter level evil geniuses and simple-schemed pantomime schlock crime drama villains. However, you're unable to determine which devilry they're practicing until you observe them for the purpose of complaining about them on the internet.

We will sign Nolan Roux. Itk and everything.

My brother who goes to the games has told me he has been talking to some gadge who claims to be Adam Llambias, son of. He said that the young french guy we have nailed on to sign is Nolan Roux.  Even my Brother doesn't believe this guy is Llambias son so probably bollox. But maybe Maiga is not the one all set to join us in January.

Based on this or any new info mate?

So presumably he's another crock who's available at a cut price, and it's turned out that he's just a bit too crocked?

Dunno about that, he was available at an attractive price because he kicked off like fuck about joining us. Now it turns out we're not happy with something from his medical, despite him claiming to be perfectly fine and even getting an opinion from a third party who apparently said the same.

Tell you what though, bet we'd still buy him if it we could save a few more pennies because of this.

Go for Papiss Cisse now!

2 Demba's upfront.  :megusta:

:fwap: :fwap:

he's been doing well this season judging by his stats (haven't watched much german football recently for some reason) and freiburg are struggling.....are they struggling for cash though and may want to cash in to strengthen. still think his price may be more than we want to pay.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Isn't Cisse rated at £9million? I reckon if we're in for him, we may just haggle them down to £7/8 million (very wishful thinking maybe).

We bid £8m on deadline day and they wanted about £13m iirc? Never seemed as if it was likely to go anywhere though.

Isn't Cisse rated at £9million? I reckon if we're in for him, we may just haggle them down to £7/8 million (very wishful thinking maybe).

i'm sure it was closer to 11mill (who makes these rating anyway) and that was before him carrying on his good form.