Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

"Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.

"The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

"We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."

Feck sake man :lol: :nope:

Ultimatums, that seems to be the only way we do business anymore.

"Hi Kevin/Jose/Joey, here's your new contract. Take it exactly as it is or piss off."

"Hi Sochuax, here's our 8m bid for Maiga, take it or piss off."

"Hi Charlton, here's 100k for your keeper, not a penny more. Just piss off."

Sigh.

"Hi Kevin/Jose/Joey, here's your new contract. Take it exactly as it is or piss off."

Sigh.

Just as well Tiote probably doesn't understand the term "piss off" otherwise he'd have stuck the nut on Llambias.

Sigh.

Just as well Tiote probably doesn't understand the term "piss off" otherwise he'd have stuck the nut on Llambias.

Llambias: "Chieck, we're not going to negotiate. You can take the new contract or piss off."

:tiote:

Llambias: "You'll get your blank checks in the mail every Monday mate, cheers."

I hate to say it, but this is EXACTLY what Keegan said they were doing to him. Telling him they agreed on a player and making an offer, then agreeing themselves to put in a lower offer that they knew would be rejected.

Yup. Looks that way.

I really didn't think this Summer would get any more ridiculous. How utterly pathetic man :lol:

All we need to do now is stick in a £2m bid for Rooney and get Teddy Sheringham in on a one-year-deal at it'll be the best Summer ever.

I hate to say it, but this is EXACTLY what Keegan said they were doing to him. Telling him they agreed on a player and making an offer, then agreeing themselves to put in a lower offer that they knew would be rejected.

Yup. Looks that way.

I really didn't think this Summer would get any more ridiculous. How utterly pathetic man :lol:

All we need to do now is stick in a £2m bid for Rooney and get Teddy Sheringham in on a one-year-deal at it'll be the best Summer ever.

I doubt Ashley would offer £2m for Rooney when he knows that Birmingham got another Rooney for less money.

Guest hobshobs

Remember being at Anfield when his poor positioning allowed Alonso to.score from his own half.

Only ever thought he looked good in the championship.

To be fair though I think his.similarity in build and stature to Given made it hard to look good.  Appeared like a slower, shitter Shay.

On one hand loyal etc. On the other an even luckier version of Jamie Mcclen.

Best, most accuarate post on here in a long long time. Absolutely spot on mate.

A transfer window ban would be Mike Ashley's wet dream.

Mine as well tbh, at least we might hang onto some good players.

Isn't it normally just incoming transfers that are banned? IE Ashley could sell to his hearts content with a ready made excuse as to why he's not buying any one.

A transfer window ban would be Mike Ashley's wet dream.

Mine as well tbh, at least we might hang onto some good players.

Isn't it normally just incoming transfers that are banned? IE Ashley could sell to his hearts content with a ready made excuse as to why he's not buying any one.

I just meant ban the buggers in general tbh. Hate them. Should be open for a month in July then closed again until January imo.

:lol: @ OTT posts in here. Just fantastic :lol:

Rob fucking Elliot, a keeper in League 1 with 1 year left on his contract. How is £100k a ridiculous fee? Look at other transfers from that league man.

Pardew should however keep his gob shut.

:lol: @ OTT posts in here. Just fantastic :lol:

Rob fucking Elliot, a keeper in League 1 with 1 year left on his contract. How is £100k a ridiculous fee? Look at other transfers from that league man.

Pardew should however keep his gob shut.

It's canny ridiculous to refuse to negotiate on that £100k though isn't it? We can't rate him very highly if we won't stretch to 150, 200 don't you agree?

Just emphasizes that how much we rate a player comes a long way down the list when deciding who to sign and is certainly below the big barrier, cost, even on a minimal level like this.