Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

It's a message board post written in the form of an article (and the TheGuv hasn't claimed it as such, to his credit), which might be confusing. Perhaps it would've been better had it been kept here, but that's up to TheGuv's discretion and I don't necessarily disagree with the decision to share with a wider audience, particularly in light of how much BS the club has fed the fans in recent years.

I hear what cuba's saying as well. Regardless of what you think of the severity of the content, this is walking a very fine line with regards to libel, particularly if Elliot faces any kind of repercussion (though I doubt he or anyone else at the club will care tbh). There's no way for TheGuv to prove that Elliot said these things, as he didn't record it and there are no other witnesses. It's complete hearsay. It's not something to be taken lightly.

It's a message board post written in the form of an article (and the TheGuv hasn't claimed it as such, to his credit), which might be confusing. Perhaps it would've been better had it been kept here, but that's up to TheGuv's discretion and I don't necessarily disagree with the decision to share with a wider audience, particularly in light of how much BS the club has fed the fans in recent years.

I hear what cuba's saying as well. Regardless of what you think of the severity of the content, this is walking a very fine line with regards to libel, particularly if Elliot faces any kind of repercussion (though I doubt he or anyone else at the club will care tbh). There's no way for TheGuv to prove that Elliot said these things, as he didn't record it and there are no other witnesses. It's complete hearsay. It's not something to be taken lightly.

:thup:

If I was a player I wouldn't dare go out on the town of fear of being lynched.

Well Elliott clearly has no such fears, he's quite happy to have a pint and a pop at fans and club legends.

Guest bimpy474

If I was a player I wouldn't dare go out on the town of fear of being lynched.

Well Elliott clearly has no such fears, he's quite happy to have a pint and a pop at fans and club legends.

All in defence of Pardew, pathetic really.

That's a load of smack and you very much know so. You're only defending Cuba or 'Mericuh.

Guest firetotheworks

Blefus©u ‏@blefuscu74

My thoughts on the Rob Elliot thing (if it happened): why would you start lambasting a player from the club when he's taking time to talk?

:lol:

We should all be so grateful to Rob f***ing Elliot for taking the time out of his busy schedule to inform us that we belong in mid-table and insult a club legend and our most talented player.

I take it that's the same blef that used to be on here? If it is then the comments make sense. More brain cells in a potato tbh.

Is no one worried that the team hate Ben Arfa though?

Elliot lambasted Ben Arfa by saying he’s only set up, at most, 3 goals this season and that HBA has been SOLELY responsible for 7-8 goals that we’ve conceded this season. According to Elliot the players hate him as he has no work rate and that he hasn’t the right attitude.

Why would the Guv need to prove it?

Blefus©u ‏@blefuscu74

My thoughts on the Rob Elliot thing (if it happened): why would you start lambasting a player from the club when he's taking time to talk?

:lol:

We should all be so grateful to Rob f***ing Elliot for taking the time out of his busy schedule to inform us that we belong in mid-table and insult a club legend and our most talented player.

I take it that's the same blef that used to be on here? If it is then the comments make sense. More brain cells in a potato tbh.

Fairly certain that's the one, yes.

Guest bimpy474

Absolutely although I'm more worried that the manager has convinced the players of it, Pardew's actions have been cowardly and pathetic.

So Hatem leaves, who does Pardew target next, he's never to blame so someone will have to take Hatem's place.

Elliot lambasted Ben Arfa by saying he’s only set up, at most, 3 goals this season and that HBA has been SOLELY responsible for 7-8 goals that we’ve conceded this season. According to Elliot the players hate him as he has no work rate and that he hasn’t the right attitude.

Elliot is just repeating what his boss will tell anybody who will listen, I couldn't give a shit what either has to say.

Ben Arfa probably is a little worky ticket, but he's not the one starting games where we get thrashed 4-0 on a regular basis. It's all about perspective really.

If you think of talented players like Ginola, Robert, Ben Arfa etc. they are not renowned for tracking back but instead doing special things. This is the sacrifice you make. Can you imagine Pardew managing Le Tiss or Berbatov? They wouldn't even make the squad.

Guest firetotheworks

Hatem's our Che' tbh. Proper cringe worthy and pretty much completely ridiculous without any basis in reality, but fuck it, he is.

Ben Arfa could be an absolute bell end but I'd still take him over some angel who works 100% in training day in day out and is still an average Premiership footballer. At the end of the day if they cannot make it work on the pitch it's their problem too. If they are refusing to pass to him they're the ones letting the team down, not him.

He's the best footballer we own by an absolute distance, and I absolutely detest any player who's driving even further out the door.