Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Every minute :thup:

I'd sobered up by then tbh. I was too busy laughing at my mate dancing beforehand for literally an hour

:thup: You should be proud of yourself, standing up for the club and the 'right' fans against the cancer that is within it's whole core.

@rossgregory9 (Sports editor at the Shields Gazette)

Hearing that Rob Elliot is seriously not happy with today's claims. Feels there's a lot of embellishment and some plain untruths!

He'll be trying to save face. He's got to see HBA every day.

Guest bimpy474

Hearing that Rob Elliot is seriously not happy with today's claims. Feels there's a lot of embellishment and some plain untruths!

At weightwatchers ?

Hmm...

"The other day in training everybody shouted at me because after tricking the goalkeeper I then waited again to trick him again and then shot wide. I know it annoys everyone and I know I won't change. But, it's that kind of football that I like."

Intredasting, obviously sick of getting #merked in training

6?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01202/Kenneth-Williams-4_1202838c.jpg

Elliot was probably like a 2

:ronaldo:

I couldn't think of a picture to use :lol:

Seriously though I remember everything about the evening :thup:

Even getting pied later on in the evening when I thought I was a dead cert :lol:

Even getting pied later on in the evening when I thought I was a dead cert :lol:

I was kidding.  I'm guessing part of you might feel bad about things getting out, if that's the case, forget it.  Elliot is as thick as pig shit to talk to you the way that he did and he deserves any shit that's coming his way.  The fact that he's a shit footballer sticking up for his shit manager who just happens to have scooped him out of mediocrity is the icing on the cake for me.

I was kidding.  I'm guessing part of you might feel bad about things getting out, if that's the case, forget it.  Elliot is as thick as pig s*** to talk to you the way that he did and he deserves any s*** that's coming his way.  The fact that he's a s*** footballer sticking up for his s*** manager who just happens to have scooped him out of mediocrity is the icing on the cake for me.

Fair enough :thup:

Tbh if i didn't frequent the forum so much I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I was armoured with our lovely stats from our graph making wizards and all the other stuff posted on here I felt I had enough to say :thup:

:lol: :lol: Holy shit, just caught up with this, TheGuv 1-0 Elliot :thup:

It really is symptomatic of everything wrong with the club right now, players happy to be playing for a mid table Premiership side, just picking up the cash, and enjoying all the fruits that the lifestyle brings.

Boils my fucking piss tbh, fair play to TheGuv, he's only done what most of us would given the circumstances and highlighted the malaise within the club and the total lack of drive and belief amongst them to really push on and heavens forbid try and achieve something credible for themselves and the fans.

Also nice (thanks to TheGuv) that the forum is getting a mention in the wider world, perhaps we do/can exert a little influence under the right circumstances.

So on that note, if anyone from the club or local media are reading this thread, here is my message to you;

Give your fucking heads a shake and remember the great players and managers who have gone before you, remember the ordinary man and woman in the street who works damn fucking hard to afford those seats, week in, week out and who travel the length and breadth of the country, following this club, the club that's supposed to represent them and their values.

Other clubs and their supporters might settle for second best, but we fucking won't, so you better get used to it.

We might be disillusioned and at a low ebb, but we're not going to go away. You might have practically no ambition for the club, but we have plenty, and we're not going to sit quietly by anymore as you go through the motions, picking up your unearned pay cheques.

Get your fucking act together or get the fuck out of the way.

End. Of. Message

I have to say I do wonder this is why players do act like jerks often, when stuff they say when possibly drunk gets splurged all over the place when they thought it was a private conversation. Not to say Elliott wasn't being a total idiot with his comments but anyway.

It does seem to suggest there is something rotten in the dressing room. I fear it is the left-overs of that players committee that came in after relegation, that may have done well but now some seem to think they run the club, and are completely and totally wrong-headed about their own importance and quality and are essentially forcing out players of genuine quality. Pardew's lack of ambition and love of grafters over good players hasn't helped but actually puts it in a bit of a better light for him (not that he shouldn't be sacked and thrown in the tyne), he feels barely in control of the dressing room and feels he might lose if if he actually tries to win games (bloody hell it's come to this). Obviously his position is untenable in this situation except our owner does not care. Any decent manager needs to come in and clear our this dressing room clique and reward players who want to win games.

Ben Arfa could be an absolute bell end but I'd still take him over some angel who works 100% in training day in day out and is still an average Premiership footballer. At the end of the day if they cannot make it work on the pitch it's their problem too. If they are refusing to pass to him they're the ones letting the team down, not him.

He's the best footballer we own by an absolute distance, and I absolutely detest any player who's driving even further out the door.

This is worth repeating.,,,

Bellamy was undoubtedly a bell hat. Just after Souness forced him out Bobby was asked if he had problems with him. He said 'of course I did, but I loved him on a Saturday afternoon because he won me football matches.'

That's management. You don't need a course or badges, you just need to be a man about it.

There's quite a difference between the two players though. Bellamy may have been trouble, and he didn't have a quarter of Ben Arfa's ability on the ball, but he did deliver. He was a non-stop bundle of energy who didn't give defenders a moment's peace.

Work rate seems to have become a dirty word, but it is a bit of an asset on the football field.