Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Why don't we just put Alnwick as our sub keeper? If he is going to make it at any stage he would want to be at least as good as Blob by now

Get Alnwick out on loan getting games, Pearson/Woodman as 3rd choice and let Elliot sit on his arse or 36 games a season.

IIRC second choice keepers don't get many reverse matches so there is no point letting a 20/21 year old keeper waste what little career he has sitting on the bench.

Signing a new deal according the Sun on Sunday!

Still got 2 years left on his current deal n all :anguish:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Funny how Pardew's two biggest s*** lickers are sticking with him, c***s just like him.

Bet it's like the Emperor's New Clothes at our club at the moment.

"That's right boss, we do play attractive, attacking front-foot football and you are a tactical genius. Do I get a new 5 year deal?"

Funny how Pardew's two biggest s*** lickers are sticking with him, c***s just like him.

"That's right boss, we do play attractive, attacking front-foot football and you are a tactical genius. Do I get a new 5 year deal?"

they would need to take the slimy cunts cock out of there simpering, fawning, mealy mouths to speak first.

Hard to to recall a set of players en masse at my club that I have ever despised as much as the current crop of absolute shit we have infesting SJP.

with this fat, useless, cock sucker top of the list.

Not even talented enough to be called average, the fucking smarmy piece of shit.

they would need to take the slimy c***s cock out of there simpering, fawning, mealy mouths to speak first.

Hard to to recall a set of players en masse at my club that I have ever despised as much as the current crop of absolute s*** we have infesting SJP.

Not even talented enough to be called average, the f***ing smarmy piece of s***.

Would love to know who the other yes-men are aside from Elliott. I'm guessing Stevie Fistpumps, Williamson and Gosling (when he was here) for sure.

Guest bimpy474

they would need to take the slimy c***s cock out of there simpering, fawning, mealy mouths to speak first.

Hard to to recall a set of players en masse at my club that I have ever despised as much as the current crop of absolute s*** we have infesting SJP.

Not even talented enough to be called average, the f***ing smarmy piece of s***.

Would love to know who the other yes-men are aside from Elliott. I'm guessing Stevie Fistpumps, Williamson and Gosling (when he was here) for sure.

Well basically all the players who are fucking crap, who any decent manager would get rid of tbh.

Very few of the current crop 'do it' for me tbh.

Such a largely unlikeable and 'meh' kinda squad we have.............

Undoubtedly the corelation between being half way decent on the pitch is part of it. But this lot seem to reflect the clubs current plight perfectly.

For me there are very few are players I give a toss about...and those I do, I would bear no ill will or animosity if they decided to seek a move away to a club that actually wants to act like a football club.

Never felt so detached from NUFC in all my years supporting us.

Very few of the current crop 'do it' for me tbh.

Such a largely unlikeable and 'meh' kinda squad we have.............

Undoubtedly the corelation between being half way decent on the pitch is part of it. But this lot seem to reflect the clubs current plight perfectly.

For me there are very few are players I give a toss about...and those I do, I would bear no ill will or animosity if they decided to seek a move away to a club that actually wants to act like a football club.

Never felt so detached from NUFC in all my years supporting us.

Very much this RE: the players.

Was funny watching this fat mess play for Ireland t'other day, so far out of his depth it was untrue. Let in both the attempts he faced too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rent-A-Quote

Elliot spent three years watching Kiely do his work for Charlton at the Valley when the club was a Premier League fixture and during that time and beyond, grass has been his enemy.

injury

“It’s the lamest injury excuse ever,” said Elliot laughing. “I’m pretty much allergic to everything. I get it at home a lot. It’s bad when you’re a goalkeeping diving on the grass the whole time.

“When I was a scholar for Charlton for two or three years Dean was a massive influence. He was one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League in the five or six years he was there so it was great to have that to look up to.

“He has a great work ethic, he’s the same as a coach from what I’ve been told, he’s such a good professional and was always good to me.

“He is a normal guy and, when you’re young, it’s good to have someone like that around. It makes you realise you shouldn’t have your head in the clouds and things like that. He was really good to me and the fact that he played for Ireland made me look up to him all the more.”

With Tim Krul the subject of much transfer speculation, Elliot is happy to bide his time and wait for a chance to step into the Newcastle No. 1 spot. He has no thoughts of leaving.

“No, I think it was being at Newcastle which helped me get the recognition and be part of the set-up. Obviously I want to play more games than I have done but sometimes as a goalkeeper you have to accept that you have to bide your time and when you do get your chance you’ve got to try to do well,” he said.

“That’s what I have been working towards. I have had some opportunities and I think I have done well and I would like to think that if Tim (Krul) did go and there was an opportunity to claim that number one jersey, that I would be first in line.

“Tim has always been linked to big clubs and the fact that he is in the Holland World Cup squad is probably going to enhance his credibility even more.

“He is a top-class keeper, he has shown that in the way he has performed but whether or not he will actually go somewhere else, I don’t know.”

Elliot’s debut against Turkey could have gone better but for him, it’s all part of the learning curve.

levels

“I think there is a lot more football played, it’s a more technical game. Your concentration levels have to be good because every player is a top player,” claimed Elliot.

“I have tried to take it in my stride. All of the lads have been brilliant. I think all of these games at the end of the season have been good for us. It’s not like we’re playing lower-ranked sides but we’ve given a good account of ourselves,” concluded the Newcastle United goalkeeper.