Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder if a set of fans have ever been like this before? Maybe Brummie could fill us in on how they felt during the Ellis years and whether they ever wanted Villa to "fail" like this.

Do you not remember Clark's goal against Middlesbrough or Barry's penalty miss at SJP when Souness was manager? :lol:

I remember both of those, but I don't remember there being any odd reaction to it?

I wonder if a set of fans have ever been like this before? Maybe Brummie could fill us in on how they felt during the Ellis years and whether they ever wanted Villa to "fail" like this.

Do you not remember Clark's goal against Middlesbrough or Barry's penalty miss at SJP when Souness was manager? :lol:

Seems people have forgotten just how bad it was under Souness because it didn't last anywhere near as long as Pardew.

According to talk sport Arsenal are showing now ambition....must be nice

Guest firetotheworks

According to talk sport Arsenal are showing now ambition....must be nice

It's all relative though, they're not.

I would too, we've been patting ourselves on the back for far too long now and it would be good to see players, manager and staff fall flat on their face after the joke we've been on the whole since Boxing Day.

Not the first time it's happened under Pardle, too.

Didn't we drop two or three places after blowing that 3-0 lead on the final day of 2010/11?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

That's his worst sub to date. Vintage shitness

Reading at home. Last season. Should have killed Pardew with fire after that game

Guest bimpy474

Reading at home. Last season. Should have killed Pardew with fire after that game

That's the point where he should have gone, since he's survived two 0-3's to Sunlun, 0-6 to the bin dippers, numerous hammerings, headbutting a oppo player, slagged off the area, basically said players who aren't middle class are thick (again insulting the area).

And still he manages us, totally bizarre.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

That's the point where he should have gone, since he's survived two 0-3's to Sunlun, 0-6 to the bin dippers, numerous hammerings, headbutting a oppo player, slagged off the area, basically said players who aren't middle class are thick (again insulting the area).

Couldn't agree more. I remember being at that match and being the most furious I'd ever been at a manager. Remember thinking to myself that that was the first time I could distinctly remember a manager losing a game themselves with shear idiocy and ineptitude. We ended up with a midfield of Bigi, Jonas, Perch and Obertan in that game...Perch, Bigi and Obertan replaced Anita, Cabaye and Marveaux. It was Cabaye's first game back after injury so you can understand him coming off and he took Marveaux off first THEN Cabaye 10 mins later when it was 1 - 1 so we had zero creativity. Just fucking bizarre.

Guest bimpy474

Couldn't agree more. I remember being at that match and being the most furious I'd ever been at a manager. Remember thinking to myself that that was the first time I could distinctly remember a manager losing a game themselves with shear idiocy and ineptitude. We ended up with a midfield of Bigi, Jonas, Perch and Obertan in that game...Perch, Bigi and Obertan replaced Anita, Cabaye and Marveaux. It was Cabaye's first game back after injury so you can understand him coming off and he took Marveaux off first THEN Cabaye 10 mins later when it was 1 - 1 so we had zero creativity. Just fucking bizarre.

Funny though, we now know it isn't bizarre for Pardew, it really is just him. Dumb team selections, rank bad substitutions, appalling tactics. I know i've been going on about this stuff for nearly 2 years, if feels like a lifetime. The day he's binned.....well something to hope for.

Couldn't agree more. I remember being at that match and being the most furious I'd ever been at a manager. Remember thinking to myself that that was the first time I could distinctly remember a manager losing a game themselves with shear idiocy and ineptitude. We ended up with a midfield of Bigi, Jonas, Perch and Obertan in that game...Perch, Bigi and Obertan replaced Anita, Cabaye and Marveaux. It was Cabaye's first game back after injury so you can understand him coming off and he took Marveaux off first THEN Cabaye 10 mins later when it was 1 - 1 so we had zero creativity. Just f***ing bizarre.

No creativity...

Fuck all has changed there then.

Couldn't agree more. I remember being at that match and being the most furious I'd ever been at a manager. Remember thinking to myself that that was the first time I could distinctly remember a manager losing a game themselves with shear idiocy and ineptitude. We ended up with a midfield of Bigi, Jonas, Perch and Obertan in that game...Perch, Bigi and Obertan replaced Anita, Cabaye and Marveaux. It was Cabaye's first game back after injury so you can understand him coming off and he took Marveaux off first THEN Cabaye 10 mins later when it was 1 - 1 so we had zero creativity. Just f***ing bizarre.

No creativity...

f*** all has changed there then.

Shocking management, the norm for AP.

So what are we all actually supporting then? They've switched off completely, it makes any support of them on matchday, absolutely pointless, the target has already been achieved (or likely not, but you know what I mean) so they're going through the motions.

Meh, I dunno tbh, it's just weird. I would barely even say I "support" us any more tbh I can barely even be arsed to find and maintain a stream for our games never mind go. I used to be gutted the day after a game as I would have to wait another full week (usually) to see us again, and along with the weekend approaching I'd also be counting down the days until we played, weekday games were a massive bonus and international weeks were torture. I used to spend the bulk of a transfer window refreshing various news sites on my phone in the vague hope a new rumour - no matter how ridiculous - would appear linking us with someone, anyone.. I'm really starting to forget how any of that feels.

I've watched probably half a dozen MOTDs the past year or so, Sky Sports News which I used to have on pretty much daily I've very much ignored along with most other football based shows (Football Focus, Goals on Sunday, Soccer Saturday *whitey*.) It's nothing to do with us being poor, I've been through that before, it's just that question, what actually are we any more other than an advert for a shop that sells tat? A football club that actively doesn't want to achieve anything? Who's manager's job isn't actually to win football games? It's completely bizarre, is there another club on the planet that's ran in the same way?

Good post Hans, it might actually be a pretty unique situation. There are teams like Red Bull Salzburg etc that are being raped for advertising too but they are actually going out to win trophies and be successful. Any other clubs anyone can think of in our disgusting situation?