Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Guest Haris Vuckic
“Tim has always been linked to big clubs and the fact that he is in the Holland World Cup squad is probably going to enhance his credibility even more.

This lads made the step up from Charlton and he doesn't think we're a big club? Right oh  O0

• 2 months later...
Rob Elliot has admitted he may have to leave Newcastle United if he continues to be second choice goalkeeper.

The Republic of Ireland international spoke of his deep love for the club and of his life in the city after three years of living in the North East. But he had played only 22 times in three years and remains number two behind Tim Krul, which is no good at this stage of his career.

Elliot actually played really well in pre-season and yet it was the Dutchman who has started all four games so far. Elliot is highly thought of at St James’ Park and known for his professionalism, but he will be on the bench for Southampton on Saturday and he has a big decision to make at the end of this season.

Asked whether it had crossed his mind to move in search for first-team football, Elliot said: “Yeah, it does.

“You get times when you think ‘right, I need to play’ and that’s the thing. The big thing for me, and I always say this, is that I want to play.

I love it at Newcastle, I love living there, I love the club. Anyone who has been here knows what an amazing city it is, how fantastic the fans are, but I want to play football.

“I hope it is at Newcastle, but if it’s not, it’s not.

“I think after this season, depending on how many games I get, I’ll have to look at it and see what happens.”

Elliot, 28, embarked on a fitness regime over the summer and his body shaped has noticeably changed.

He revealed: “I’ve really bought into my fitness. I’ve thought to myself that the one thing I can control is how fit I can be.

“I had a good chat with the manager in pre-season in America and he just said ‘get as fit as you can’, so that’s what I’ve done.

“I’ve gone away, I’ve lost a lot of weight and just sort of said I’m going to give myself the next ten years or so and have a proper go.”

:sweetjesus:

Rob Elliot has admitted he may have to leave Newcastle United if he continues to be second choice goalkeeper.

The Republic of Ireland international spoke of his deep love for the club and of his life in the city after three years of living in the North East. But he had played only 22 times in three years and remains number two behind Tim Krul, which is no good at this stage of his career.

Elliot actually played really well in pre-season and yet it was the Dutchman who has started all four games so far. Elliot is highly thought of at St James’ Park and known for his professionalism, but he will be on the bench for Southampton on Saturday and he has a big decision to make at the end of this season.

Asked whether it had crossed his mind to move in search for first-team football, Elliot said: “Yeah, it does.

“You get times when you think ‘right, I need to play’ and that’s the thing. The big thing for me, and I always say this, is that I want to play.

I love it at Newcastle, I love living there, I love the club. Anyone who has been here knows what an amazing city it is, how fantastic the fans are, but I want to play football.

“I hope it is at Newcastle, but if it’s not, it’s not.

“I think after this season, depending on how many games I get, I’ll have to look at it and see what happens.”

Elliot, 28, embarked on a fitness regime over the summer and his body shaped has noticeably changed.

He revealed: “I’ve really bought into my fitness. I’ve thought to myself that the one thing I can control is how fit I can be.

“I had a good chat with the manager in pre-season in America and he just said ‘get as fit as you can’, so that’s what I’ve done.

“I’ve gone away, I’ve lost a lot of weight and just sort of said I’m going to give myself the next ten years or so and have a proper go.”

:sweetjesus:

That's Krul off, then! :yao:

Genuinely scared if Krul f***s off in Jan / August now; here's this s*** stupid grinning f***er 'as fit as he can be' just waiting in the wings to be Pardews no.1, jumping when his master claps

“I had a good chat with the manager in pre-season in America and he just said ‘get as fit as you can’

'Lose weight Fatty. You're ruining my Ben Arfa lie'

Haha, that's probably terrifyingly close to the truth!

Guest TruToon94

Chatted to a bunch of fans who said fatty here wasn't fat and they couldn't see it on him. When I pointed out he's basically the same height as Krul yet three times bigger and Ben Arfa being fined despite not even approaching this twats levels they stated that there are different measurements for keepers and Elliot looks, "fit and in shape".

Seriously some fans at this club...  :idiot2:

Chatted to a bunch of fans who said fatty here wasn't fat and they couldn't see it on him. When I pointed out he's basically the same height as Krul yet three times bigger and Ben Arfa being fined despite not even approaching this t***s levels they stated that there are different measurements for keepers and Elliot looks, "fit and in shape".

Seriously some fans at this club...  :idiot2:

Really hope Elliot goes, hes shit.

You cannot really use HBA coming back over the agreed weight set for him to bash Elliot though, they both obviously would have different weight targets...shame the fat fucks was so high.

• 1 month later...