Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

130 games over 8 seasons at a host of gash clubs.

Yet he gets a move to a club so far above his station he shouldn't even be allowed to talk about the club, nevermind f***ing play for them. An absolute complicit fat c***.

:thup:

The smug, slimy, despicable sack of shit that is our manager should be shot for this alone.

Rarley 'hate' any of our players. may dislkie some, not rate some but the level of hatred I have for some of the shit that currently infests us is unparalleled. :sad:

Honestly man, the rage over him not saving that goal is OTT. I'm all for OTT irrational hatred for Pards hoop lickers, but fuck me, anyone who sees the replays can see he was unsighted when the ball leaves Boyd's foot. He saw it way too late, and a much more agile goalkeeper would still not have saved it but made the attempt to save it look better than Elliot on account of him being a fat git. Had he seen it earlier then it was most definitely saveable. The replays show that he had defenders in the way who disappeared from in front of the shot. The blame IMO is squarely with the two defenders who moved out the way.

He tried to save it with his gut. He couldn't even be arsed to stretch his arms out man. Absolute joke and yet there's still some defending him :facepalm:

So what happened when he actually made a good save to deny Ings? Wasn't world class goalkeeping or owt, but this bollocks about him not being arsed is.....well....bollocks. Believe me, I hate the prick, and can't wait for him to fuck off back down to his level, but he really wasn't the only reason we conceded that goal last night. If you call that defending him, then so be it.

I thought he was fine yesterday,  his kicking is better than Kruls. Not that I think hes very good.

Aye, he just cost a goal.

Must have missed that. He had no chance with the goal, from where I was.

Well I was standing right behind it and the fat cunt watched it flight past his head.

No chance :lol:

People being too harsh on Elliott here like.

In general, no. He's mediocre for PL standard at best and a fucking prick to boot. Too harsh on him for that goal though, especially when the defenders parted like the red sea when the shot came in. Elliot is s*** but its not the reason he didn't save it.

He's better than Brad Jones mind  :lol:

There seems to be some sort of misguided belief that because he makes a few good saves now and then and isn’t throwing the ball over his own line, that he’s worth his place as a substitute Premier League goalkeeper.

Here is some breaking news: goalkeepers who play in League Two also make very good saves on a regular basis. It’s sort of the main job of being a goalkeeper. The chance of even making it into non-league without being able to do that much is next to nil. League Two keepers also don’t necessarily make catastrophic errors on a game-by-game basis.

There are lots of facets to a goalkeeper’s game and Elliot is laughably far from the standard required. He is here because he is mates with the manager and that cretin Woodman.

There seems to be some sort of misguided belief that because he makes a few good saves now and then and isn’t throwing the ball over his own line, that he’s worth his place as a substitute Premier League goalkeeper.

Here is some breaking news: goalkeepers who play in League Two also make very good saves on a regular basis. It’s sort of the main job of being a goalkeeper. The chance of even making it into non-league without being able to do that much is next to nil. League Two keepers also don’t necessarily make catastrophic errors on a game-by-game basis.

There are lots of facets to a goalkeeper’s game and Elliot is laughably far from the standard required. He is here because he is mates with the manager and that cretin Woodman.

Agree totally. Still doesn't mean he didn't save the goal last night because "he wasn't arsed" or because he's overweight. The greatest goalkeepers concede soft goals and the most mediocre goalkeepers can pull off stunning saves. I'd say he could have done much better with the goal we lost to West Ham than last night's finish.

I thought he was fine yesterday,  his kicking is better than Kruls. Not that I think hes very good.

Aye, he just cost a goal.

Must have missed that. He had no chance with the goal, from where I was.

Ok  :lol:

He had no chance with the goal.

watch it again, he can't see the player or the ball so doesn't have time to react.

People being too harsh on Elliott here like.

In general, no. He's mediocre for PL standard at best and a f***ing prick to boot. Too harsh on him for that goal though, especially when the defenders parted like the red sea when the shot came in. Elliot is s*** but its not the reason he didn't save it.

He's better than Brad Jones mind  :lol:

Haha he is better than Brad Jones.

Totally agree, I don't understand the negativity over the goal. The defenders should have done better - although overall he is slightly below average for a Prem Keeper.

'slightly below average'

Jesus and all the disciples fucking wept.

No mate. he isn't. He really isn't. If you think that anywhere near this useless cretins level is 'premiership keeper average' then god help us.

He is mediocre only by division 1 or 2 standards. At our supposed level he is a walking abortion of a keeper.

I only hope for a career threatening injury...'too harsh' ? Nah, these cunts and all their lackies are destroying my club.

I wish plague and pestilence on them all.