Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Well done gents.

First half was the most dominant I've ever seen Sunderland against Newcastle in my lifetime, even with Tiote practically playing as a third centre half you couldn't handle Sessegnon and he ran the show. We had numerous chances and 5 or 6 great balls into the box but when you have a fat knacker(like I said last week) like Gyan who is so overweight, he couldn't get on the end of them, then you are going to pay for it.

Second half we were shocking and never created anything of note but fair play to Pardew for changing his system and moving Tiote from deep and actually trying to do something more than just try and contain Sunderland, like he did first half and it worked. In truth the only way Newcastle were going to score was via a corner or set-piece, your attacking from open play was virtually non-existent but very dangerous on set-pieces. Great free-kick for the goal but a goalkeeping error from Sunderland's point of view. After the goal we created nothing and Bruce's decision to take off Larsson, our best player bar Sessegnon and have 4 forwards up front with nobody to supply them can only be described as bizarre, the bloke is tactically clueless. Sessegnon man of the match and head and shoulders better than anyone else on the pitch and I guarantee he will not be a Sunderland player this time next year, far too good for us.

Larsson should have gone and also should have been a penalty, no doubt about it. No complaints about Bardsley being sent off, shocking tackle. Cattermole and Cabaye should also have seen reds for shocking tackles and on another day would have.

Ok this is a Newcastle forum so here is my honest views based on yesterday, no doubt it will upset some people but hey-ho.

Krul - Done what he had to do well and looked comfortable with whatever he had to deal with, claimed a few good crosses.

Simpson - Average, got forward a few times second half.

Coloccini - Your best player, dealt with an overweight Gyan well.

Taylor - Always a threat on set-pieces.

Taylor - Great free-kick and a relatively easy afternoon against a shocking Elmohamady.

Barton - Over-ran by Sunderland first half, better second, wasn't really that impressed with him.

Cabaye - Should have seen red after a horrific tackle on Bardsley, was supposed to playing in a dvanced role but other than a shot straight at Mignolet, created nothing.

Tiote - Played virtually as a 3rd centre half first half to try and contain Sessegnon which failed, much better second half when you changed the system.

Guitterez - Played virtually as a left back first half, won a lot of free-kicks and goes down very easily.

Obertan - Honesty forget he was playing, shocking and never in the game at all.

Ameobi - Done well against Ferdinand in the 2nd half and held it up well.

Newcastle created nothing in open play and could have still be playing now and not have scored in open play. Obertan might aswell not have been playing and other than Cabaye testing Mignolet, your attacking play was non-existent. You were however a major threat from set-pieces and you looked like you were going to score everytime you had one.

In summary, I think it was the right result as Larsson should have been off and a penalty awarded after 15 minutes and when you take take your chances you don't deserve to win games, that's football.

I await the abuse. :)

I seen Gyan after the match in malmaison, no way is he over weight.  He is tiny and skinny as fuck. 

I would have towered over him and been 3 times his body weight.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sunderland's shots were either off target or straight at Krul - dominance :lol:

Fuck off man you should have been down to 10 men and 1 goal down pretty much straight away.

Sunderland's shots were either off target or straight at Krul - dominance :lol:

f*** off man you should have been down to 10 men and 1 goal down pretty much straight away.

Same as last week as well.  Jammy fuckers.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye - exactly the same as last week - they should have got a hiding and they are still full of themselves.

Couldn't contain Sessagnon? That makes it sound like the bastard ran riot.

An apparently top class attacking midfield player playing in a free role who wasn't contained at all and all he managed to achieve was two shots from outside the box.

Impressive.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye for me shite shots outside the box aren't that direct a threat - fair enough if it was a more creative player but he's no big deal.

I thought they seemed as likely to acore as we did.

And as for how the hell they're destined for way better things than us? Fuck knows where that assumption comes from.

The fact that we're now a 'yoyo' team after one season not playing them.  :idiot2:

Newcastle created nothing in open play and could have still be playing now and not have scored in open play. Obertan might aswell not have been playing and other than Cabaye testing Mignolet, your attacking play was non-existent. You were however a major threat from set-pieces and you looked like you were going to score everytime you had one.

Apart from our ten shots on target?

Guest Howaythetoon

Great result but I won't lie I'm worried about our starting lineup, tactics, performance or lack of and our ability or lack of to score goals. I thought Pardew's substitutions were iffy too. In these games though all that matters is those 3 precious points and we got them so well done to all concerned. We've had a decent start to the season points wise and two clean sheets is something to certainly build on. Onwards and upwards as they say.

Great result but I won't lie I'm worried about our starting lineup, tactics, performance or lack of and our ability or lack of to score goals. I thought Pardew's substitutions were iffy too. In these games though all that matters is those 3 precious points and we got them so well done to all concerned. We've had a decent start to the season points wise and two clean sheets is something to certainly build on. Onwards and upwards as they say.

We've been very protective/cautious so far. I think for Pardew, considering all the negative pressure that's been around for the majority of the summer, he's been determined to get off to a decent start and aimed to get 2 points from a tough opening couple of fixtures. I think, most likely when the window's shut, we'll take the shackles off and become a bit more adventurous and play a system that suits our players.

Fair play to wearside for that but there was still some deluded pap in the post such as wgat David Icke just pointed out above this post.

Aye, the mask will start slipping again soon though. Some fair points in amongst some shite. About as good as we can hope for from someone who's blatantly inbred.

More horseshit from Wearside I see. No class, no dignity, no clue, what a wanker.

I think he's made some valid points, plus at least he's come back on here when he k nows he's going to get a tirade of abuse.

I agree with this. Don't honestly know why he shows up here though unless he's a WUM in which case he's not very good at it.

Amongst all the other reasons to be walking about with a huge smile today, was the realisation that Joey Barton, has had more impact with one tweet than the mackems have had with that rather expensive, arse-licking banner they produced for their Liverpool game.

The praise got progressively bitter towards the end. He's not given the Sunderland ratings I notice... Bearing in mind he's admitted we deserved it I'd like to what he made of his own players after slagging many of our lot off.

Guitterez - Played virtually as a left back first half, won a lot of free-kicks and goes down very easily.

Fuck off does he, you just couldn't handle Sessegnon Gutierrez and he ran the show. Sessegnon Gutierrez man of the match and head and shoulders better than anyone else on the pitch and I guarantee he will not be a Sunderland Newcastle player this time next year, far too good for us because he's Spiderman.

:D

their 'domination' was shots from distance and rushed efforts at awkward angles, and that's undoubtedly their strongest attacking lineup, sessegnon was particularly good. whereas, we've got ben arfa and more than likely a new striker coming in