Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Can he play centre-back btw? We need cover there more than at right-back. That's why the Pieters transfer made sense based on what I read.

No, just LB and RB.

We where supposed to be signing that Situ lad who we had on trial, he was a CB wasn't he?

If only they'd buy Santon and a left-back as well.

In fact for the time being, I'd happily see Ferguson at left-back with Santon at right-back, as long as it means Simpson's not playing.

Can he play centre-back btw? We need cover there more than at right-back. That's why the Pieters transfer made sense based on what I read.

No we don't need a cover. We need to get rid of bloody Simpson and get a right back who can actually play football!!

not convinced we need a right footer at left back like, especially with Jonas ahead of him, gonna un-balance us a lot.

Can you imagine? The only flank in the league where they overlap one another horizontally across the pitch :laugh:

My dream has went from a leftback and striker to two fullbacks really. Think we would benefit from it heavily. Santon and Cissokho in and we would be a very fluid side with two good and fast fullbacks with ability to come around and cross. Same time play a passing game retain possession to get the ball in the box. Both best and Ba are striker able to when delivery are present to nick alot of goals from tap ins and around the box shots. We also got a few goals from midfield this season as I do believe Obertan got the speed to be essential on the counter along with HBA. Two fast fullbacks like Santon and Cissokho will add to counter attack availability aswell.

not convinced we need a right footer at left back like, especially with Jonas ahead of him, gonna un-balance us a lot.

Can you imagine? The only flank in the league where they overlap one another horizontally across the pitch :laugh:

haha, doesnt sound great does it. i still think our best chance of building an attacking game is getting Jonas/Obertan on the right and Marveuax on the left, beating players and whipping balls in. ideally i'd want natural left and right footed full backs backing them up.

i have to say that with us leaving these deals so late and all the talk there's been of us being 'unable to agree a fee' with clubs for Pieters and Cissokho, and now talk of 5m for Santon, it does look like we've been under-bidding for both the former players and now that the clubs are sick of us we've moved onto someone we would likely be able to get for less than we got for enrique.

or maybe i just think the worst of the guys in charge of the money.

i have to say that with us leaving these deals so late and all the talk there's been of us being 'unable to agree a fee' with clubs for Pieters and Cissokho, and now talk of 5m for Santon, it does look like we've been under-bidding for both the former players and now that the clubs are sick of us we've moved onto someone we would likely be able to get for less than we got for enrique.

or maybe i just think the worst of the guys in charge of the money.

I think it's the first one, mate.