Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest sicko2ndbest

Davide Santon's agent has just said on SSN that Llambias, Pardew, Charnley worked really hard to get him, he put that across to Davide

Buzzing to see this lad play.  Only slight concern is him being predominantly (sp) right footed.  However, I'm sure he will use the outside as well as cutting in.  If Jonas/Marveaux/HBA keep the width, then it shouldn't be a huge problem.  If they start drifting in field as well it could become an issue IMO.

Still can't believe we've signed this kid though.  Thought we had no chance of getting a player like Santon.

Atleast we got a CL winners medal in the team now! Or does smith allready have one?

How has he got a medal? I checked the theam and subs for Inters CL win and i can't see him listed? Does everyone in the 25 man squad get one or something?

from what I read on an Inter forum, he's definitely more comfortable on the right side of defence or moreso as a right wing back (as Inter play wingbacks). .....he had 2 big injuries (2009 and 2010 season) and the 2nd one really affected his form.

Quote from 2010 - Inter fan

I also think playing his natural side now that Maicon is most likely leaving will be very advantageous to him. Some of his defensive lapses this season were IMO because he was playing on the left, he was caught out because of his movement, I think that will get better when he's on the right

Thanks for that... Was begining to think I was a lone voice on here yesterday... Happy if this is a long term Simpson upgrade but will be slightly concerned if he's the long term left back from what I've seen of him...

from what I read on an Inter forum, he's definitely more comfortable on the right side of defence or moreso as a right wing back (as Inter play wingbacks). .....he had 2 big injuries (2009 and 2010 season) and the 2nd one really affected his form.

I also think playing his natural side now that Maicon is most likely leaving will be very advantageous to him. Some of his defensive lapses this season were IMO because he was playing on the left, he was caught out because of his movement, I think that will get better when he's on the right

Thanks for that... Was begining to think I was a lone voice on here yesterday... Happy if this is a long term Simpson upgrade but will be slightly concerned if he's the long term left back from what I've seen of him...

What's the point of stressing out about it? We've got him in and are unlikely to get another fullback in during this window. IF he proves to be shit on the left then we'll have to address it in January, meanwhile we've got Raylor and Ferguson as back up, and Perch I guess.

I'm more than willing to accept he's our left back for now but long term I'd look to bring someone else in and move him to the right

I genuinely don't know about this, quite possible that he wants to play LB even though he's right footed, no idea.

I'm more than willing to accept he's our left back for now but long term I'd look to bring someone else in and move him to the right

I genuinely don't know about this, quite possible that he wants to play LB even though he's right footed, no idea.

in his interview he said he can play left or right, and in midfield in the same position as he likes to attack and defend.  doesn't say he has a preference though so i'm guessing that he's happy in any of those positions

What's the point of stressing out about it? We've got him in and are unlikely to get another fullback in during this window. IF he proves to be s*** on the left then we'll have to address it in January, meanwhile we've got Raylor and Ferguson as back up, and Perch I guess.

Not stressing... Just trying to inform/prepare others on here what to expect...  I.E We've bought a right back not a left back... Good luck to the lad though... I'm happy we've got him in...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What's the point of stressing out about it? We've got him in and are unlikely to get another fullback in during this window. IF he proves to be s*** on the left then we'll have to address it in January, meanwhile we've got Raylor and Ferguson as back up, and Perch I guess.

Not stressing... Just trying to inform/prepare others on here what to expect...  I.E We've bought a right back not a left back... Good luck to the lad though... I'm happy we've got him in...

He is a left back though. Like saying Jonas is just a right winger.

Guest Roger Kint

Lee Ryder's article today, actually cringeworthy asking him daft questions. Sure the SAFC readers will be pleased.  :troll: