Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He was alright. Superb bit of control to keep the ball in, midway through the first half.

Like a broken record i know, but can't wait to see him down the right. The weak cross after that bit of play just epitomised the situation really - not that it's the worst he's attempted.

Guest optimistic nit

really would like us to sign a left back who can cross, as that would give us a much greater threat if we had 2 fullbacks who could whip balls in to ba and cisse and still have ben arfa and jonas in the team.

Think he has been better than Enrique was in his first season tbh.

As for his position it really depends........ if someone like Debuchy does indeed become a possibility then i would have no problem seeing this.....

Debuchy-Douglas-Colo-Santon

But it would have take a RB of real quality over any LB we can sign for me to consider it as i think Santon would be much better at RB.

I like Santon but I would rather have Simpson at right back, having him on the pitch is like having a second goalkeeper sometimes. Doesn't he lead the league, by far, in goal line clearances? That kind of special quality is handier than getting a few crosses in from the fullback position in my opinion.

I like Santon but I would rather have Simpson at right back, having him on the pitch is like having a second goalkeeper sometimes. Doesn't he lead the league, by far, in goal line clearances? That kind of special quality is handier than getting a few crosses in from the fullback position in my opinion.

Did I really just read this?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/621713/bitchplease6.jpg

:crazy2: