Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Slippery Sam

So, I see he scored his first goal for the club from right back  :naughty:

I was convinced he was going to score a screamer in the derby. I'll still let him, though.

We're short on natural width in midfield too, which makes Haidara's injury that much more galling. Wouldn't have minded seeing us having the option of a Debuchy-Santon right flank with a Haidara-HBA left flank (should we ever revert to the madness that is 4-4-2 :laugh:)

Krul

Debuchy    Taylor      MYM    Haidara

Santon      Cabaye    Sissoko    HBA

Cisse        Gouffran

Dreaming of next season/a world free of injures^ - robust on paper :lol:

Presumably Colo will be off in the summer.

Well, a guy can dream.

:lol: Get in

Haha, really? I missed the last half hour. I should've left the right wing bit in my sig!

I thought you were on the wind up :lol:

He looked to me to be operating as a right midfielder for a lot of the second half.

:lol: Get in

Haha, really? I missed the last half hour. I should've left the right wing bit in my sig!

I thought you were on the wind up :lol:

He looked to me to be operating as a right midfielder for a lot of the second half.

Thought he was meant to be a WB, he just didn't bother to defend. Jonas on the other side came back.

he was right wing back yesterday for the last half hour or so, and man, he had alot of space! I reckon Debuchy would have stuck it away too like, but was just saying to my mate before, if we were to play 3 at the back, we have the best set of full backs in the league to deploy that system! Falls down when we have the likes of Ben Arfa to come back, and presumably Gouffran has done enough to prove he is worth of a start if he was originally supposed to be a squad player in the long run.

http://www.football-italia.net/32088/u21-santon-injury-concern

U21: Santon injury concern

By Football Italia staff

Davide Santon is in doubt for Italy’s Under-21 games against Russia and Ukraine after he pulled up with a muscular problem.

The Newcastle United full-back interrupted today’s training session early due to pain in his left thigh and will undergo tests tomorrow.

If they come back with concerns, then Santon may well be sent back to Newcastle early for treatment.

The Azzurrini play two friendlies in the lead-up to the European Under-21 Championship in June.

They take on Russia in Cittadella on Friday March 22, then welcome Ukraine to Bassano del Grappa on Monday March 25.