Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Did someone say that he's better than Jose Enrique? Never been at his level. (Not saying he never will.)

No way will he ever be close to Jose defensively or offensively. On his day no winger could get past him.

Guest ElCid

He's a winger not a defender.

Totally disagree apart from the odd foray he offer very little going forward and has been to blame for at least 6 goals this season. Offers very tittle and is a liability

Absolutely shameful that - sorry, there's nothing else to say about it, it was deplorable. Yes he was being pressed, but that was bad vision and bad decision-making.

I like the guy but he's got some serious growing up to do. It was amateurish but also reeked of inexperience.

Absolutely shameful that - sorry, there's nothing else to say about it, it was deplorable. Yes he was being pressed, but that was bad vision and bad decision-making.

I like the guy but he's got some serious growing up to do. It was amateurish but also reeked of inexperience.

Stupid fucking mistake but many many experienced pros have been guilty of similar. One of those things.

Guest palnese

Needs a rest, a long holiday. He'll still become one the best LBs in Europe in few years time.

Did someone say that he's better than Jose Enrique? Never been at his level. (Not saying he never will.)

No way will he ever be close to Jose defensively or offensively. On his day no winger could get past him.

:lol:

Do you watch football? Didn't watch todays game so I think my view is more balanced, but Santon going forward is much better than Jose Enrique. Santon is a liability defensively, but he's been that ever since he came to the club, but don't tell me Jose is a much better footballer because he clearly isn't.

I'd help him pack his bags to Milan.

Pathetic. Go support Di Canio man.

A performance that mirrors his season. His number of individual mistakes defensively is astounding.

Great finish by Lima on the goal though.

Lima can go suck a bag of dicks

:lol:

Do you watch football? Didn't watch todays game so I think my view is more balanced, but Santon going forward is much better than Jose Enrique. Santon is a liability defensively, but he's been that ever since he came to the club, but don't tell me Jose is a much better footballer because he clearly isn't.

I'd help him pack his bags to Milan.

Pathetic. Go support Di Canio man.

Going forward... maybe. Defensively.... miles behind.

A performance that mirrors his season. His number of individual mistakes defensively is astounding.

Great finish by Lima on the goal though.

I'm certainly not going to forgive the error, but from Benfica's point of view it epitomised their performance. Their unrelenting pressure won them the game. If you were to point to any particular tactic that forced a victory, it was that. They pressed us high and they did it very quickly, and we couldn't cope with it; Lima's goal was using it to perfection.

Force an error > Exploit it. They did it superbly.