Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

I think he has good potential, but he probably won't reach it here while Pardew and his team are here. Has he even developed one bit since he arrived? I still think we should hold on to him for next season though. We could potentially be losing Remy, Cisse and Colo at least in the summer, the last thing we need is to sell Santon as well because he won't be replaced. Haidara needs more game time to create some real competition for LB.

He didn't slide to block Armstrong's shot, his effort was half-hearted. I've seen him do it before, and I'm not sure you can coach that into a player.

Who the fuck is Armstrong?

Johnson I meant. Fuck knows why I thought it was Armstrong.

I think he has good potential, but he probably won't reach it here while Pardew and his team are here. Has he even developed one bit since he arrived? I still think we should hold on to him for next season though. We could potentially be losing Remy, Cisse and Colo at least in the summer, the last thing we need is to sell Santon as well because he won't be replaced. Haidara needs more game time to create some real competition for LB.

He didn't slide to block Armstrong's shot, his effort was half-hearted. I've seen him do it before, and I'm not sure you can coach that into a player.

He's definitely a passive footballer. Not helpful for a LB at all.

Guest palnese

Has he ever been booked? Can't remember him ever picking up a card.

He got booked against Sunerland :lol:

:lol: Of course he did.

Ah man, imagine having a good manager that helps develop players. Santon could be so good with some decent coaching.

Tbf a determined like Cabaye did improve.

Hmmm ... not sure I believe that at all. I honestly believe Cabaye was always that good, just needed to get used to the pace of the league. I would venture to say that he would have shown even more, in a team that was setup better to attack, than Pardew will ever manage.

Ah man, imagine having a good manager that helps develop players. Santon could be so good with some decent coaching.

Tbf a determined like Cabaye did improve.

Aye, but probably entirely of his own accord. None of our younger players seem to develop whatsoever under Pardew.

Anderson leaving for Florence has taken a toll on your brain...

Guest palnese

Anderson leaving for Florence has taken a toll on your brain...

:lol:

Clearly. I turned it off at 2-0, but I can hardly remember anything.

Like I said the other day, the thing I can't forgive with this lad for is his jogging back when he's out of position, and for not putting more than a tame foot out to try and block Adam Johnson. I've this feeling he's been awful for ages with this goal line scramble type stuff and generally always loses out. Could just be supremely clouded judgement based on that sorry excuse for defending on Adam Johnson's goal.

I don't rate him offensively either. Doesn't contribute to any assists or goals. I really don't see the point of him. I used to forgive him b/c I thought he was OK defensively with his height and ability in the air and carrying ball forward - but he's weak as piss when he's having one of those low confidence days.

I don't rate him offensively either. Doesn't contribute to any assists or goals. I really don't see the point of him. I used to forgive him b/c I thought he was OK defensively with his height and ability in the air and carrying ball forward - but he's weak as p*ss when he's having one of those low confidence days.

Offense isn't all about goal and assists, he does contribute in other offensive parts, but I do agree with you. Losing hope with him, and do think Haidara deserves his shot now (unless he's injured again).