Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He was very good when he played RM a half last season. Think he scored that game too

Which game?

The Wigan away match that was a complete shambles of a match. Also the same match Debuchy got hurt, then Haidara came on for him and Santon switched to the right, and then finally Haidara's leg was nearly taken off by Callum Macca.

Ah. Can't remember any impressive performance from our players in that match. All I could remember vividly when Santon played on the right was him cutting back and then crossing with his left foot.

He was very good when he played RM a half last season. Think he scored that game too

Which game?

The Wigan away match that was a complete shambles of a match. Also the same match Debuchy got hurt, then Haidara came on for him and Santon switched to the right, and then finally Haidara's leg was nearly taken off by Callum Macca.

Ah. Can't remember any impressive performance from our players in that match. All I could remember vividly when Santon played on the right was him cutting back and then crossing with his left foot.

Just remember around that time Callum McManaman played like Gillespie on steroids.

Which game?

Yes :lol: that happened. Many, many matches last season were some of the worst I've ever seen.

Pards blowing smoke up his ass...why doesn't he just STFU

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26152479

"Davide Santon's midfield performance [against Chelsea] . . . forget about what it looked like to the naked eye, his stats were very good, which is great news. It gives us a player we can put in there now"

Even to my eye, i thought his performance suggested we could give him another shot there. Not sure what the stats produced but i thought he did alright.

Guest bimpy474

"Davide Santon's midfield performance [against Chelsea] . . . forget about what it looked like to the naked eye, his stats were very good, which is great news. It gives us a player we can put in there now"

Even to my eye, i thought his performance suggested we could give him another shot there. Not sure what the stats produced but i thought he did alright.

Going forward yes, defensively it was absymal and if you're playing as a DM that's a major part of job.

Going forward yes, defensively it was absymal and if you're playing as a DM that's a major part of job.

Defensively he's abysmal anywhere you play him, i just can't help but still really like him  :lol:  I'd still have him on my team sheet every week. Still young and learning the game.

Means fuck all. How much pressure did we put Chelsea under really? Apart from the odd counter we were well and truely getting bossed out there so ofcourse their defenders won't have made as many tackles etc.

I know we hate stats, (me included) but he bettered Matic in terms of his defensive contribution. I thought he did alright. I posted the stats on the other page but:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2wdr8dg.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/dnm5g2.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/15nve6e.png

Would have loved it if Pardew popped that line in as well :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Stats mean shit, they can only tell a fraction of what goes on. Santon is a good footballer but a terrible defender at the moment. Nobody with half a brain wouldn't see it, know it and wouldn't be fooled by a thick as fuck idiot like Pardew.

I thought he did alright, if it was a new signing and not Santon who people are starting deliver a bit of abuse to for his performances this season, i don't think they would be saying too much about the performance. Was his first game there for us there against the strongest home side in the league and i thought he did a decent job.

I honest to God thought he played well just watching it, I feel like he's catching far too much hate. Mourinho also said the same as Pardew tbh. I'm only really posting the stats to back up what I felt I watched from him. Had  Moussa been able to take a halfway decent first touch he'd have an assist.

Thought exactly the same.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He was ok but just lacks that bit of urgency and desire to put in a last ditch tackle or block. Also there's no heading stat which would be useful defending against a team using a lot of long balls  :pardsgrin: