Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Taylor will still start IMO, if Santon is playing I would imagine it's Perch and Simpson in the centre.

Two right backs with no height playing in the centre of defence against a big physical side? It won't end well. Ryan Taylor is taller than Simpson, why doesn't he play in the centre?

The height crap about CB's is bullshit. Don't know the English word but I'm getting "elasticity, springiness" when translating. :cool: Well, that and timing is the important attributes. The fact that Simpson and Perch aren't tall isn't the problem here though. They're just shit (Not counting Simpson as a RB here).

See that's a silly opinion too. A bit of height is important for central defenders in this country and always will be.

Agreed. Can't think of a single short centre half who's been decent in England in living memory.

Taylor will still start IMO, if Santon is playing I would imagine it's Perch and Simpson in the centre.

would not be surprised if Raylor was in central midfield. He was allright there last year, until that horrible tackle....

Chris Perry is the only decent, short centre back that springs to mind. Wasn't great but made a decent career for himself.

According to wiki, Santon is taller than Colo

More or less common knowledge? He's not a centre back though.

Perch has very decent height for a centreback. Being piss weak is his issue.  And generally crap.

Perch is weak because he's a right back. Put most full backs in the centre and they'll look lightweight. I'd still rather see him in there than Simpson or Ryan Taylor.

Perch has very decent height for a centreback. Being p*ss weak is his issue.  And generally crap.

Perch is weak because he's a right back. Put most full backs in the centre and they'll look lightweight. I'd still rather see him in there than Simpson or Ryan Taylor.

Yeah well he's definitely playing there anyway.

On August 30, 2011, Santon signed for English club Newcastle United on a 5 year contract, for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £5.3m.[14][15] He instantly struck a chord with the Toon Army when he cheekily confessed he’d never seen a Mackem in Milan.[16] (Intimating that Newcastle United's local rivals Sunderland, never qualify to play in European competitions) He made his Newcastle debut on 16 October 2011 as a second half substitute against Tottenham Hotspur.[17]

I now feel more confident again. What a LAD

Guest Haris Vuckic
He instantly struck a chord with the Toon Army when he cheekily confessed he’d never seen a Mackem in Milan.

Cringeworthy tbh.

Typica Lee Ryder.