Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Really should have closed the cross down more effectively foor the first goal.  Symphomatic of tyhe lack of pressure we put on the ball all game

was just about to say that, i though he let Boyce turn back and put the cross in far too easy for Wigans first goal.

Right wing back has to be his best role, shame we will never use him in that role as its not a good formation for us.

OR IS IT ?

-----------------Krul

-------Stay-----Colo------Doug

Sant-----------------------------Jonas

---------Cab----------Tiote

Benny---------------------------Ba

----------------Cisse

Right wing back has to be his best role, shame we will never use him in that role as its not a good formation for us.

OR IS IT ?

-----------------Krul

----------------Cisse

No it fucking isn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OR IS IT ?

-----------------Krul

----------------Cisse

No it fucking isn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tooj must stop posting whilst erect, to much blood being taken away fro mm his brain.

:D

Skirge's wacky formations make a (welcome) return :laugh:

Is 3 at the back with 2 wing backs that wacky really ?

No Williamson no Simpson, Dougles if we signed him... BUT I am not a fan I was just putting out there due to this Santon debate.

I see him as a fullback not a winger anyway, so him as a RB in a flat back four would be my preferred choice.

No Williamson no Simpson, Dougles if we signed him... BUT I am not a fan I was just putting out there due to this Santon debate.

I see him as a fullback not a winger anyway, so him as a RB in a flat back four would be my preferred choice.

Actually, tbf to you, we did attempt to play that formation yesterday with Santon and Jonas as wingbacks. It didn't really work so can't really see it being a long term option as such.

We've only lost 9 games this season and played with a flat back four throughout. So yeah, it is wacky :laugh:

Actually, tbf to you, we did attempt to play that formation yesterday with Santon and Jonas as wingbacks. It didn't really work so can't really see it being a long term option as such.

It'd make a decent alternative still (assuming we do get Douglas and somehow keep Saylor fit).

Ferguson instead of Jonas for the left wingback position, for me.

I just feel Jonas HAS to play, what he offers us no other player in the squad can come close, the pressure he relieves is massive. Be it as an out ball or just winning a freekick, the effort he puts in tracking back he just does not rest, he is invaluable to the team.