Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

I really like the guy but I'm not sure if he's playing to Jose's standards yet. Defensively at least. Enrique is the best left back this club has had in my lifetime. Absolutely unbeatable at times.

Regardless, it's a fantastic achievement to be playing so well so quickly for a young fella.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

Thought he was our best player today tbh. Which isn't saying too much, but he did well on the right imo

One of the few who did okay, he's made real improvements.

Our best player this season.

:lol:

You've heard of this Hatem Ben Arfa bloke, right?

Santon's been alright. Was alright again today. Would like to see him actually do something other than run with the ball for once. Like a cross or a shot or a killer ball or something.

Is a much better player at RB

How can you say that after one game? He has been playing really well at LB all season.

In MY opinion I thought he looked better the're more comfortable and offered more in attacking play

Guest palnese

Our best player this season.

:lol:

You've heard of this Hatem Ben Arfa bloke, right?

Santon's been alright. Was alright again today. Would like to see him actually do something other than run with the ball for once. Like a cross or a shot or a killer ball or something.

Santon has been good in every game this season. Ben Arfa has had two stinkers in a row now.

Thought he looked absolutely brilliant at right back and his game is very assured at the minute.

If he stays at right back absolutely no complaints, think we'll see more willingness to shoot and cross if their aswell.

Didn't have a direct opponent on the weekend but he was okay.

I don't understand why Pardew insists on him playing conservatively at the beginning of games. Get Santon forward and push the opposition wide players back. That's his strengths. He's a decent defender but if he's told to be defensive we might as well play Simpson.