Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.

Heard you saw worse in the 80s; can you confirm?

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.

Any cushioning that keeps Raylor from pretending to be a LB is to be welcomed wholeheartedly.

:ben:

in the hands of alan fucking pardew and worse, that's where it was, and it's currently cost us:

seeing HBA play

watching saylor/willo/colo fall around the pitch instead of giving MYM a chance

and now santon being punted because presumably carver told the fucknuts he had enough cover

abeid will be next if carver stays much longer, abeid and anita will be gone for sure (not the worst thing in anitas case mind)

:lol:

With amortisation we might have even made a profit on him in the books.  Nothing a football fan likes more than an accounting profit.  It's what we got into the game for.

I think this is the minimum requirement for selling players that just need shifting. No doubt we'll sell Tiote in the same manner of "we'll take what we can get for an on the books profit".

I don't know if Santon or Haidara would be the better option but giving him away for an 'accounting profit' is rank. He actually seemed to like Newcastle as well, much like Ben Arfa.

Aye - if just to keep Janmaat and Haidara pushing hard. But we don't need that. Midtable secure for another season.

RYAN TAYLOR STARTED FOR US AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED.

Santon is/was currently our best LB by a fair margin IMO. I have high hopes for Haidara but he still has to play a full season.

Not that anything actually matters when the club doesn't care about achieving anything. All debates are kind of pointless in that context. If I didn't care where I finished in the league I might sell loads of useful players as well.

Santon is/was currently our best LB by a fair margin IMO. I have high hopes for Haidara but he still has to play a full season.

Not that anything actually matters when the club doesn't care about achieving anything. All debates are kind of pointless in that context. If I didn't care where I finished in the league I might sell loads of useful players as well.

:lol: They've properly broke you huh Ian?

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I agree. I think it's in his best interest to return to Italy. Being  a 3rd choice LB at 24 years of age won't get you anywhere.

:lol:

Well it's quite hard to bother discussing things happening at Newcastle as if they were a competing sporting club. Sometimes I manage but then I remember it's all pointless.

At the moment I'm still watching most of the games, just not reacting very much to what happens. Not sure about next season though, might be time to become one of those detestable people who just follows the odd bit of football.

I think it's worse because the hope flared up again when we were linked with Garde etc.

Well it's quite hard to bother discussing things happening at Newcastle as if they were a competing sporting club. Sometimes I manage but then I remember it's all pointless.

At the moment I'm still watching most of the games, just not reacting very much to what happens. Not sure about next season though, might be time to become one of those detestable people who just follows the odd bit of football.

:sadnod: