Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Canary Islands are technically in Africa.

:lol: For that reason, they were my favourite club to use back in the halycon days of landing in US for the first time and playing FIFA 06 every second of the day.

Loved Fifa 06. Mainly because Ronaldo was the best player on it with a 95 rating or somat daft despite being clearly past his best.

Seems like Inter have had a bit of an upturn in form since Santon joined. Chuffed for him.

Someone was saying he got MOTM at the weekend as did MYM :lol:

http://i61.tinypic.com/9qy72b.png

dat pass percentage

Impressive stuff although clearly not good enough for us....

Canary Islands are technically in Africa.

:lol: For that reason, they were my favourite club to use back in the halycon days of landing in US for the first time and playing FIFA 06 every second of the day.

Loved Fifa 06. Mainly because Ronaldo was the best player on it with a 95 rating or somat daft despite being clearly past his best.

Was it 06 where free-kick were dead easy?

• 3 weeks later...

Two more starts for Inter and they have to buy him for... Wait for it...

£2.8m.

What, more cash in? Fucking get in.  Can't beat making a bit of money as a football fan like, love it.

Two more starts for Inter and they have to buy him for... Wait for it...

£2.8m.

What, more cash in? Fucking get in.  Can't beat making a bit of money as a football fan like, love it.

Except we didn't even do this, bought him for £5.3m.

With amortisation we might have even made a profit on him in the books.  Nothing a football fan likes more than an accounting profit.  It's what we got into the game for.

I'm positively moist just thinking about it!

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Well his contract won't have had long to go and it's important that we sell every player we ever buy so...

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.