Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Was watching him against Napoli on Sunday, looks like his confidence is still shot. His positioning was never his strength but always seems to be either drifting out of the defensive line or unsure whether to push on or sit back.

Still thought he was a decent enough full back considering the dross we've had play there over the years.

Been in England a couple years and didn't play much in his last season here, he's still getting upto speed and having to re-adapt to Serie A.

Wrong to have let him go but he was the only one of our left backs we could sell so naturally he had to go.. Doesn't seem to register with those idiots that he was our best left back. Haidara should have been sent out on loan tbh.

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.

Heard you saw worse in the 80s; can you confirm?

Paul Stimson springs to mind. Others of my vintage will confirm.  ;)

Seriously though, isn't this a case of Mbiwa-itis? Anyone who the club doesn't want must be good.

Stimmo was a legend, even as a kid I was pretty confident I could do a better job than him at full back.  :lol:

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.

Heard you saw worse in the 80s; can you confirm?

Paul Stimson springs to mind. Others of my vintage will confirm.  ;)

Seriously though, isn't this a case of Mbiwa-itis? Anyone who the club doesn't want must be good.

Stimmo was a legend, even as a kid I was pretty confident I could do a better job than him at full back.  :lol:

Darren Bradshaw was worse.