Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Iandennisbbc Ian Dennis

Its Bassong and not Kaboul which could determine Gary Cahill's arrival. Nedum Onouha to #BWFC from #MCFC #BBCfootball

Bring him back ffs!

Guest Roger Kint

Andy Gray just said his sources have told him we are paying £10m for somebody today. There goes all hope i had of us buying a striker then given Talksports record. What time will Macheda be announced then?  :thdn:

There is no excuse as to why we should be looking to loan players when we have such substantial funds to buy the players we need.

I agree but it doesn't look like we will be splashing the cash so would be happy with a couple of loans.

There is no excuse as to why we should be looking to loan players when we have such substantial funds to buy the players we need.

That's all gone on our free transfers and agent fees.  Apparently.

Free transfers are the new trophy signings. Fact

Bellamy and Barton at QPR.  Now Bart, you do know what happens when you mix acids and bases don't you?

That's all we need.  Bellamy is always extra motivated when he plays us and his pace will cause problems and we know what Barton will be like.  A much harder game than it was this time last week.

We've had so long to get a striker in now that it will be completely unacceptable to not have one at the close of play today!

Cue the "Sammy is like a new signing" speech!

i'd rather sammy than Macheda on loan

Bellamy and Barton at QPR.  Now Bart, you do know what happens when you mix acids and bases don't you?

That's all we need.  Bellamy is always extra motivated when he plays us and his pace will cause problems and we know what Barton will be like.  A much harder game than it was this time last week.

Bellamy will be far from match fit.

The striker is one where a loan of a reserve player seems almost pointless, as it won't improve enough on what we have. If we are adding a striker to the squad it needs to be one who is significantly better than all the others we have.

:thup:

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Fulham's Clint Dempsey could very well be one to keep an eye on today, a number of clubs have him as their 'next best' option #ffc

my fulham supporting mate would lose it if he was sold

Milner has left England training......

It's next to Arsenal's training ground isnt it?

They usually use our training ground.

I would hate for us to sign him. Last on the list of midfielders I've heard behind Benayoun, Elia, Honda, Götze, Gourcuff, Hazard. Would be an improvement on Arshavin/Rosicky though.