They were all right...

Tooj

Pardew said: 'The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was' date=' "Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it", and he has assured me of that.[/b']

“I was settled, happy and I adored the supporters.

“I was captain of a huge club and played with a smashing group of lads I had untold respect for.

“But ultimately I was forced out because I lost trust in key people at the club and when you lose trust in people it’s almost impossible to ­regain it.

“From January and shortly following the sale of Andy Carroll to ­Liverpool, I was involved in ongoing discussions about signing a new contract ­between four and five years.

“I discussed the deal at length with managing ­director Derek Llambias and even shook hands on it.

“In my book when you do that man-to-man you expect them to see it through.

“But what we talked about and what they finally offered me was laughable. They did a U-turn on what we agreed They showed me no ­respect. I felt totally betrayed.

“Then they had the nerve to claim I rejected a new contract. What contract? A deferred option to increase my deal by 12 months with a bonus that hinged on the ­success of the team on the pitch the following season.

“Perhaps I was just naive. I thought I had a good relationship with the board.

“But when it all came to a head in the summer I knew my time was coming to an end.

I had given the club everything but they didn’t want to give me anything in return, just broken promises. I ­simply couldn’t work with people like that. There was no way back for me.”

He wrote on Twitter: "The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously' date=' do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll'], nobby [Kevin Nolan] etc etc. This club will never again fight to be among the top six again with this policy."

"If only we as players could tell the fans exactly how it is, without them above fining us lots of money,” said Barton. There will be a time and a place.

“If it wouldn't effect team morale and cause unrest within the dressing room, am certain Jose's comments would be the tip of the iceberg..... “And again it would be left to those magnificent fans to pick up the remnants of their once great football club.”

KEVIN KEEGAN reckons Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will not see a penny of Andy Carroll's £35million transfer fee.

Toon owner Mike Ashley has promised the money raised from Carroll's deadline day move to Liverpool will be invested on new players in the summer.

But former Tyne idol Keegan warned: "I thought at the time 'Alan, you ain't going to get any of that'."

“[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice. I wasn’t wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

Then I flew down in (owner Mike Ashley’s) helicopter. I didn’t want to leave.

I’m gutted that I wasn’t wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

I didn’t want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn’t want to leave.”

Guest BooBoo

The sad thing is that a lot on here didn't heed the warnings of the past or such quotes as above and actually thought we'd spend on a striker. Quite cute really that people can still be optimistic despite Ashley' regime continually feeding us lies and broken promises.

Look, people can call it depressive tosh and we tbf are going around in circles.

But our club is owned and run by a hierarchy of spineless liars who prefer to see money resting in their bank accounts accruing interest than actually care about Newcastle.

That is not debatable any longer.  Look what QPR did, with their chairman speaking on radio about getting the right players in to support their manager.

Our club is a circus of jokes and semi-talented players keeping the facade of functionality up.

The core of this club is rotten, and continuing to get worse.

Some of those players had no business being at a club like this. If we had any real ambition the likes of Nolan and Barton wouldn't have been here in the first place. Other than that I agree with the sentiment.

The sad thing is that a lot on here didn't heed the warnings of the past or such quotes as above and actually thought we'd spend on a striker. Quite cute really that people can still be optimistic despite Ashley' regime continually feeding us lies and broken promises.

Even with the lies and broken promises, we have Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux & Ben Arfa who'll make up the bulk of the squad in the near future...is that not reason enough to be optimistic?