They were all right...

Tooj

If they just told the fucking truth they would not have fans as angry. If they said look we need to use the money to improve the club / service debts or loans / as profit then fair enough. It is after all the Fat Cunts club. He paid for it out of his money, not us. But they continue to Lie like fuck and that winds fans up well and truly.

I could buy into a promote youth plan if it was consistent and they stopped lying. If I ran a business I would expect a profit also as its an investment.

The accounts say that anyway though, no? We know we've made big losses over a long period, and we know that Ashley isn't prepared to subsidise us any more. Anything the club says has to be understood in that context.

The sad thing is that a lot on here didn't heed the warnings of the past or such quotes as above and actually thought we'd spend on a striker. Quite cute really that people can still be optimistic despite Ashley' regime continually feeding us lies and broken promises.

Even with the lies and broken promises, we have Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux & Ben Arfa who'll make up the bulk of the team in the near future...is that not reason enough to be optimistic?

FYP.

This place is going to be like Hiroshima tomorrow. You'll see the smoke for miles....

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the OP either. :thup:

Yep - some people on here are hellbent on defending the regime at all costs.

Nothing wrong with the OP.

Surprised a pardewism thread hasn't appeared with a summary of his lies.

hell, even I thought we'd end up getting some sort of striker in today. even if just a defoe, crouch type loan deal. incredible.

Same, very surprised we haven't brought in anyone at all. Guess it's possible that a lot of the cheap players could have ended up being no better than Shola and Best anyway. And if we're playing one up front with HBA behind then we need someone who's a massive cut above the players we have.

Not like you to find an excuse for it Ian.

Come off it, we've had 7 months to sort out the striker situation.

Jesus man, I wasn't making any excuse. FFS, can I not post anything without someone finding things that aren't there.

Obviously if we were prepared to spend more the chances of getting that much better striker would be increased. But we don't seem prepared to do so, so it's a bit pointless raging against it.

I think Ba will find his feet and be a decent signing FWIW.

Guest BooBoo

The depressing part is, that anyone who excels this season will be the first to go next summer. We've creamed off most of the big wage earners, next summer we'll be looking to profit on the likes of Cabaye.

Call that depressing if you want, but it will happen and we all know it.

It;s an embarrassment.  I would actually feel better if they had not gone for anyone over the last couple of days as opposed to amateurish way the club has conducted itself today.

That's been the turning point for me. I don't care if we signed Ba and Cabaye, there was absolutely no need for the charade of pretending to sign a striker when there was no real intent there. Cisse? Maiga? Ruiz? Fucking hell man it was shameful. If Ba's the answer then Pardew should probably start picking him ahead of Best and Shola. 

Anyone who isn't directing vile abuse towards Mike Ashley needs to sort there craic out.

:lol: and who isn't?

This is the point, just because we dont believe everything those players reckoned doesn't mean we dont hate Ashley, i certainly do.

It's not even that mate. I believe the players more than I'd believe the fans or journos, as they actually worked for the club, and knew more about the way it was run than anyone else did!! I just don't see the point in bringing it up. Instead of posting quotes from Keegan and Enrique on a message board, protest with your feet! You can sit here pining for King Kev and lapping up everything he says all you want. It won't change the fact that Ashley owns this club. I'd much rather be part of a concerted and organized effort to force the cunt out of the club.

That core can easily have us in and around that top 8 this season. I see nowt outside the usual 6 that's a great deal better than us.

How many goals do you expect from "That core"?

What the fuck kind of question's that. :lol:

For a start this year Best has 8 in 13 games in 2011 and Ba has 7 in 14, so if you're getting all bastardy about stats, there's two 1 in 2 goal a game strikers.

This place is going to be like Hiroshima tomorrow. You'll see the smoke for miles....

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the OP either. :thup:

Yep - some people on here are hellbent on defending the regime at all costs.

Nothing wrong with the OP.

Surprised a pardewism thread hasn't appeared with a summary of his lies.

Is not possible for people to have slightly different opinions like?

FWIW, I'm really disappointed about not getting a striker, but I'm pretty happy about getting Santon. So it's a mixed picture, I'm not hellbent on defending anything.

Ironically enough, I've just put my iPod on random, and the first song it plays is "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder. :lol:

More ironic than you think, a blind man should be able to see we need goals.

hell, even I thought we'd end up getting some sort of striker in today. even if just a defoe, crouch type loan deal. incredible.

Same, very surprised we haven't brought in anyone at all. Guess it's possible that a lot of the cheap players could have ended up being no better than Shola and Best anyway. And if we're playing one up front with HBA behind then we need someone who's a massive cut above the players we have.

Jesus man, I wasn't making any excuse. FFS, can I not post anything without someone finding things that aren't there.

Obviously if we were prepared to spend more the chances of getting that much better striker would be increased. But we don't seem prepared to do so, so it's a bit pointless raging against it.

Of course you do.

By the way 'the cheap players may have ended up being no better' is the poxiest line I've read on here in ages.

Why would we be looking at cheap players when we've got a wedge of cash in the bank that the current Manager has committed to spending?

Guest bimpy474

O0

Agree with this, if we had signed a striker this would have been a whole different place.

The depressing part is, that anyone who excels this season will be the first to go next summer. We've creamed off most of the big wage earners, next summer we'll be looking to profit on the likes of Cabaye.

We've only made a substantial profit on one player. [Devil's advocate]

It is the pretending to sign players that takes the piss

If you don't want to sign anyone then no need to feed bullshit to your cock sucking pals in the media, the fans don't deserve that shit

Wankers the lot of them, from Ashley down to Pardew

Coloccini WILL go next summer if we can find a buyer.

If they just told the fucking truth they would not have fans as angry. If they said look we need to use the money to improve the club / service debts or loans / as profit then fair enough. It is after all the Fat Cunts club. He paid for it out of his money, not us. But they continue to Lie like fuck and that winds fans up well and truly.

I could buy into a promote youth plan if it was consistent and they stopped lying. If I ran a business I would expect a profit also as its an investment.

The accounts say that anyway though, no? We know we've made big losses over a long period, and we know that Ashley isn't prepared to subsidise us any more. Anything the club says has to be understood in that context.

Er no Ian that's not the point. Everton are up shit creek financially and they are upfront about it. If we weren't serious about signing a striker we shouldn't have pretended it was a priority. How come we matched Fulham's bid only when it was too late to do a deal? Is that any way to conduct business?

Anyone who isn't directing vile abuse towards Mike Ashley needs to sort there craic out.

:lol: and who isn't?

This is the point, just because we dont believe everything those players reckoned doesn't mean we dont hate Ashley, i certainly do.

It's not even that mate. I believe the players more than I'd believe the fans or journos, as they actually worked for the club, and knew more about the way it was run than anyone else did!! I just don't see the point in bringing it up. Instead of posting quotes from Keegan and Enrique on a message board, protest with your feet! You can sit here pining for King Kev and lapping up everything he says all you want. It won't change the fact that Ashley owns this club. I'd much rather be part of a concerted and organized effort to force the c*** out of the club.

in favour of what ?

also the players you mention, did they ever mention their wages in conjunction with imploring ashley to invest ?