They were all right...

Tooj

Guest bimpy474

What's with the facepalms?

Posted by Mike Ashley's daughters i'm guessing

Nope just dont agree, some of it but not all of it.

The sad thing is that a lot on here didn't heed the warnings of the past or such quotes as above and actually thought we'd spend on a striker. Quite cute really that people can still be optimistic despite Ashley' regime continually feeding us lies and broken promises.

Even with the lies and broken promises, we have Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux & Ben Arfa who'll make up the bulk of the squad in the near future...is that not reason enough to be optimistic?

Not really, because it's just a matter of time before we lose them due to our lack of ambition.

Guest Rainforest

Disagree I think having Barton in this club and on the pitch could have won us quite a few thrillers this season. He is an intelligent player and knows how to wind other teams up.  Shame, could have been the difference between finishing 14th and 16th.

The sad thing is that a lot on here didn't heed the warnings of the past or such quotes as above and actually thought we'd spend on a striker. Quite cute really that people can still be optimistic despite Ashley' regime continually feeding us lies and broken promises.

Even with the lies and broken promises, we have Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux & Ben Arfa who'll make up the bulk of the squad in the near future...is that not reason enough to be optimistic?

Not really, because it's just a matter of time before we lose them due to our lack of ambition.

That core can easily have us in and around that top 8 this season. I see nowt outside the usual 6 that's a great deal better than us.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone who isn't directing vile abuse towards Mike Ashley needs to sort there craic out.

:lol: and who isn't?

This is the point, just because we dont believe everything those players reckoned doesn't mean we dont hate Ashley, i certainly do.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well im not going to spend anything, normally plow a lot of money into the club over the season, go to games home and away, buy the tops etc etc

Not happening this year.

There's been some spectacular trousering going on since January.

Seems to me Ashley is trying to recover his money rather than team investment . It's fairly apparent for us to progress as a successful football team, these people have to sell up and fuck off out of it.

That core can easily have us in and around that top 8 this season. I see nowt outside the usual 6 that's a great deal better than us.

How many goals do you expect from "That core"?

If they just told the fucking truth they would not have fans as angry. If they said look we need to use the money to improve the club / service debts or loans / as profit then fair enough. It is after all the Fat Cunts club. He paid for it out of his money, not us. But they continue to Lie like fuck and that winds fans up well and truly.

I could buy into a promote youth plan if it was consistent and they stopped lying. If I ran a business I would expect a profit also as its an investment.

hell, even I thought we'd end up getting some sort of striker in today. even if just a defoe, crouch type loan deal. incredible.

Same, very surprised we haven't brought in anyone at all. Guess it's possible that a lot of the cheap players could have ended up being no better than Shola and Best anyway. And if we're playing one up front with HBA behind then we need someone who's a massive cut above the players we have.

hell, even I thought we'd end up getting some sort of striker in today. even if just a defoe, crouch type loan deal. incredible.

Same, very surprised we haven't brought in anyone at all. Guess it's possible that a lot of the cheap players could have ended up being no better than Shola and Best anyway. And if we're playing one up front with HBA behind then we need someone who's a massive cut above the players we have.

Not like you to find an excuse for it Ian.

Come off it, we've had 7 months to sort out the striker situation.

Wonder what the likes of Cabaye and Santon are thinking about the ambitions of the club they've been sold when they look at the forwards they're going to be playing with.

With a bit of luck it will be Ben Arfa and Ba for large chunks of the season.