Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

If Ashley felt like breaking the bank, Marco Reus would be an amazing alternative to Obertan.

I highly doubt Mike Ashley a) wants to break the bank or b) likes the idea of replacing a £3m investment with a better model after a mere six months. As shite as Obertan appears.

There's a lot of talk of Alex's ability/form dipping alarmingly in 2011, either AvB is a bad judge of talent, or he's so bad even the s*** Colo is a much much better option.

I'd like the old Alex here, just worry about what has actually happened to him, is he another Owen, Duff, Butt, Babayaro, Kluivert, finished or almost finished by the time they get here? Quite possible. Might be a one to avoid, might just need a move, but how many times we said that and the inevitable half arsed easy pay day player turned up instead.

The versatile bloke from France at 22 sounds a much better option, and realistic, he'll want half as much and probably cost less.

My feelings exactly about Alex. Having said that, guess I wouldn't mind a loan (unlikely though).

I'd like to see us get Onuoha on a virtual free from Man City.

Lets face it, they hardly are going to play hardball when it come to transfer fees with their 4th choice players. Ask them for a loan deal until the end of the season, with a view to a long term in the summer.

I'm pretty certain we will flog Simpson in the next six months, this guy would be a good upgrade and a one who can do a good job at centre half at that.

Lets face it, they hardly are going to play hardball when it come to transfer fees with their 4th choice players. Ask them for a loan deal until the end of the season, with a view to a long term in the summer.

I'm pretty certain we will flog Simpson in the next six months, this guy would be a good upgrade and a one who can do a good job at centre half at that.

Agree. It would be a very sensible signing and would also appeal on the seeming 'resale' criteria. I thinks he's a great prospect and actually think he'll be a better centre half in the long run but it strengthens two positions in one bringing him on. Has he even got on the pitch this season? I read that he's the only player to have come right through their youth structure (and represented them more than once or twice off the bench I think) in the past 10 years the other day, shocking.

Agree. It would be a very sensible signing and would also appeal on the seeming 'resale' criteria. I thinks he's a great prospect and actually think he'll be a better centre half in the long run but it strengthens two positions in one bringing him on. Has he even got on the pitch this season? I read that he's the only player to have come right through their youth structure (and represented them more than once or twice off the bench I think) in the past 10 years the other day, shocking.

Didn't Michael Johnson come through the ranks?

If Ashley felt like breaking the bank, Marco Reus would be an amazing alternative to Obertan.

I don't think he'd come here sadly as bigger teams will be after him in the summer. Probably cost a fortune as well, £15m+ i'd imagine. Would be perfect for us.

If we are looking for a centre back (which we should be), i would put in a sneaky £10m bid for Jagielka, if no big teams go in for him I would think we would have a change of getting him away from Everton.

If we are looking for a centre back (which we should be), i would put in a sneaky £10m bid for Jagielka, if no big teams go in for him I would think we would have a change of getting him away from Everton.

Is 29, will want big money and will have limited sell on potential. Yeah - that'll happen.

About as unrealistic as it gets.

Could we have a chance of getting Gary Cahill in january? Most of the big clubs dont need him at the moment. He has only 6 months on his contract. And we desperately need a player like him so we might be willing to pay a bit more.. ?

Could we have a chance of getting Gary Cahill in january? Most of the big clubs dont need him at the moment. He has only 6 months on his contract. And we desperately need a player like him so we might be willing to pay a bit more.. ?

Is off to Spurs.

He'd probably hold out hope that Arsenal would be in for him again in the summer if they don't also go for him in Jan.

Is 29, will want big money and will have limited sell on potential. Yeah - that'll happen.

29? Thought he was like 25/26. But yeah, it's simply not going to happen and £10 million is a bit excessive as well.

No fucking chance. Not that I rate him that highly anyway.

In terms of strikers, not one for January, but John Guidetti (Man C, loan at Feyenoord) is the greatest talent Sweden has produced sin Zlatan.

8 goals in 11 games for Feyenoord, 19 years of age and a psychotic will to succeed, his interviews have been mental yet inspiring since he was 16.

Will probably leave City at some point, we should be in for him. I suspect he'll go to the Euros for us as well.

29? Thought he was like 25/26. But yeah, it's simply not going to happen and £10 million is a bit excessive as well.

Yeah - he'll be near enough 29 - don't forget he played at Sheff Utd for a good few years before his move to Everton.

Yeah - he'll be near enough 29 - don't forget he played at Sheff Utd for a good few years before his move to Everton.

True.

True.

Used to play in midfield alongside Tonge under Warnock ,and it was Tonge who looked the better player at the time.