Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'd like to see us go for Cedric Mongongu. Looked promising for years at Monaco - but isn't getting a lot of football at Evian.

Strong, great in the air, quick and a strong tackler. Would be great long-term cover for Taylor, and possibly even a future replacement for Coloccini.

Sounds nowt like Colo though  :undecided:

He isn't anything like Colo...  but who is?  :(

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't think someone who isn't regular at a relegation team in Ligue 1 is good enough for us.

He's a much better centre-half than Mike Williamson.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I'd like to see us go for Cedric Mongongu. Looked promising for years at Monaco - but isn't getting a lot of football at Evian.

Strong, great in the air, quick and a strong tackler. Would be great long-term cover for Taylor, and possibly even a future replacement for Coloccini.

Sounds nowt like Colo though  :undecided:

He isn't anything like Colo...  but who is?  :(

It'll be difficult, someone Brazilian probably, possibly another Argie. Certainly nowt like him made in England.

Mbiwa, Clyne, Maiga/some striker. Wouldn't mind Milos Krasic from Juve for our RW, could be a bargain (27, too old?)

I wouldn't mind messi and ronaldo! Krasic would cost £30m and would never sign for us!

Making fun of my post without even knowing Krasic situation at Juve.. A while ago i would have agreed with you. Can't see this happening as we're probably not after him anyway, but if we really really tried it wouldn't be impossible.

Would like to see us making a loan with option to buy.

Mapou.

One of the best defenders we could realistically sign. What do you think of Mongongu?

Haven't seen much of Evian, but seems like he hardly get's a look in anyway? Honestly can't say I remember much of specifically him from his time at Monaco.

Izaguirre from Celtic, back from injury now. Offer a few million + Forster, left-back sorted.

Average player, but anything is better than the current situation though.

Mapou.

Mapou.

One of the best defenders we could realistically sign. What do you think of Mongongu?

Are these really real footballers? :lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

Mapou.

Mapou.

Are these really real footballers? :lol:

Is Shaun the only name you have heard?

Izaguirre from Celtic, back from injury now. Offer a few million + Forster, left-back sorted.

I like him. Probably the only player I rate in Scotland at the moment.

Also, he's very much in the same mould as Enrique and would link up with Jonas well, although he's not as good defensively.

Also, he's very much in the same mould as Enrique and would link up with Jonas well, although he's not as good defensively.

Well this confused the fuck out of me. I'll let you off since its mutual love of Gary Speed.

Well this confused the f*** out of me. I'll let you off since its mutual love of Gary Speed.

:lol:

I dunno, I think it makes sense. For me to say 'I like him' about a player in the SPL is no high praise indeed. He probably is average but there isn't exactly a plethora of available left-backs that could do a job and not cost a bomb.

What's the likelihood of us going back in for Ridgewell? Was there a specific reason for why that didn't go through, or was it just the standard penny-pinching? Wouldn't be disappointed if we went back in for him... however i've been itching for us to sign a proper long-term, first choice foil for Colo. Only Taylor's up-turn in form changed that, but his injury record is shite and who's to know how he will recover from yet another serious injury?

Would have no issues with us spending a fair wedge on the defence in the next two windows, as well as we have done so far this year.