Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I like this thread, so bump. What I'd like to see next season:

Cisse

Ba          Ben Arfa      Lee*

Tiote Cabaye

LB*    Colo      Douglas  Santon

Krul

There don't seem to be many good left backs kicking around  :undecided: It would have to be a good attacking left back to allow Ba to move more central.

*Lee fromm Bolton provided he recovers OK.

[Disclaimer: I also believe Ba does his best work in the box, I just think 4-4-2 is on it's way out at the top end, its a discussion for another thread anyway)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hoilett. Ben Arfa in the hole or on the left drifting in and Hoilett on the right?

Not a big fan myself. His work rate is very poor and I don't think he quite has the talent to justify it.

Vertonghen won't pen new deal

Reported Premier League target Jan Vertonghen says he has no intention of signing a new deal at Ajax and has reiterated his desire to join an English club.

The Belgium international defender has been linked with a host of top European sides, with Tottenham thought to be frontrunners in the race for his signature.

A move away from Amsterdam looks increasingly likely for Vertonghen after he confirmed he will not extend his Ajax deal, which expires in June 2013.

"I am still under contract until June 2013, but I do not intend to extend it," the Ajax captain told Vak410.nl.

"I hope to continue my career at a good Premier League club where I can stay for many seasons.

"I will miss Ajax and I do not plan to sell my house [in Amsterdam]. But I want to get to know England and the unique atmosphere of its stadia."

Vertonghen came through the youth ranks at Ajax after joining the club as a teenager from Germinal Beerschot in 2003.

The 24-year-old, who has been capped 36 times for Belgium, has also been linked with Arsenal and Newcastle.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7572026/Vertonghen-won-t-pen-new-deal

What's this obsession with moving Ba or Cisse to the left to make a 4-2-3-1 formation?

They are CF's or at worse in Ba's case SS why would move someone who has scored 16 goals out on the wing?

Surely this would make more sense if you are going to 4-2-3-1.

Krul

Santon New CB Colo New LB

Cabaye Tiote

Ben Arfa Ba Jonas

Cisse

Any rangers players given frees won't able to play for another club this season anyway will they? Only players who are unregistered when the window closes can move. The window is in place for player registrations transfers not contract transfers IIRC.

Any rangers players given frees won't able to play for another club this season anyway will they? Only players who are unregistered when the window closes can move. The window is in place for player registrations transfers not contract transfers IIRC.

I think FIFA sometimes gives special dispensation for players to move if a club goes bust.

players used to be able to move if they would help keep their selling club afloat or if they weren't getting paid, i'd guess that idea is still there.

I think you need another CM that can pick a pass like dear life. Even more so than two CBs. Was watching you against Arsenal and thought "ok, Cabaye is having a mare, who can they bring?... Guthrie".

Not saying that everybody should try to play like us, but Arsenal away was a case study on how inability to keep possession again and again invited pressure.