Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Cisse is 8 mill & Ben Arfa is 2 mill pounds only... we buy only fooking cheap players. Ashley is sneaky b****** who always look for cut prices at every opportunities.... i dont believe he will buy player over 10 mill pounds. The benchmark of Ashley buy players is top max 10 mill... over that forget it.

I def. see what you're getting at, however I think it's way smarter than what we used to do - which was basically just pay the first and best asking price. IF, and there's a bigass f#"%"%&"& IF, he comprehends the fact that if we can get a player like Belhanda for 20 mill EUROs, it actually WOULD be cheap/bargain.

Although I do not believe he do the latter... :o

Still, Belhanda and Verthongen must be my not so unrealistically dream moves in the summer for us, without anyone leaving obv.

Someone was on about Drenthe and the Everton fans mentioned his discipline off the pitch.

Greg O'Keeffe ‏ @GregOK

Drenthe's exclusion from squad yesterday a 'disciplinary matter' according to club. Likely to be end for him at Goodison. #EFC

4:23 PM - 15 Apr 12

Greg O'Keeffe ‏ @GregOK

Not first time Drenthe has risked Moyes' wrath and I gather patience has all but run out. #EFC

4:24 PM - 15 Apr 12

Writer from the Liverpool Echo btw.

Cisse is 8 mill & Ben Arfa is 2 mill pounds only... we buy only fooking cheap players. Ashley is sneaky b****** who always look for cut prices at every opportunities.... i dont believe he will buy player over 10 mill pounds. The benchmark of Ashley buy players is top max 10 mill... over that forget it.

Completely unreliable source for that one. Agree with the 10m threshold for transfers, both your remark and the club policy at the moment.

It was Graham Carr in a radio interview who revealed the Ben Arfa fee was it not?...

Completely unreliable source for that one. Agree with the 10m threshold for transfers, both your remark and the club policy at the moment.

It was Graham Carr in a radio interview who revealed the Ben Arfa fee was it not?...

No, he said he cost £4mill I think. It was some numpty on Talksport that said £2mil

Someone was on about Drenthe and the Everton fans mentioned his discipline off the pitch.

Greg O'Keeffe ‏ @GregOK

Drenthe's exclusion from squad yesterday a 'disciplinary matter' according to club. Likely to be end for him at Goodison. #EFC

4:23 PM - 15 Apr 12

Greg O'Keeffe ‏ @GregOK

Not first time Drenthe has risked Moyes' wrath and I gather patience has all but run out. #EFC

4:24 PM - 15 Apr 12

Writer from the Liverpool Echo btw.

How good is Drenthe, never really seen him?

No, he said he cost £4mill I think. It was some numpty on Talksport that said £2mil

Had a relisten and no price was quoted at all...

He was free. :frantic:

He was free. :frantic:

http://i.imgur.com/FavGa.jpg

Guest magpie99

If we are being realistic here and adhering to the clubs financial plan of being self sufficient whilst also qualifying for the EL, then I can see the following happdening:

Ashley will give Pardew no more than 10 million plus what we can generate from outgoings. As I see it, we will lose the following:

Smith - Free

Lovenkrands - Free

Ranger - Championship team - 1 million

Forster to Celtic - 2 million

Simpson to QPR etc - 3 million

I think the club have already tied up the followong:

Douglas - Twente - 4 million

Rodriguez - Burnley - 3 million

Amalifitano - Free

I would not be surprised to see us try for the following:

Clyne from Palace - 2 million compo

Hoillett from Blackburn - 2 million compo

Pieters from PSV - 5 Million

I can see Guthrie and Ba staying, Xisco loaned out again and if there was any more more coming in, I woudnt mind seeing the keeper from Wolves, Hennessey brought in as back up to Krul

With the likes of Streete, Ferguson, Sameobi and Tavernier given more exposure, in the cup competions, we would have a very healthy young squad.

Keepers: Krul, Hennessey, Elliott, Harper (registered as an emergency)

Full backs: Clyne, Santon, Pieters, Tavernier, Ferguson

Defenders: Collocini, Saylor, Douglas, Willamson, Streete

Utilities: Perch, Raylor

Wingers: Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Guttierez, Sameobi, Obertan, Hoilett

Midfielders: Cabaye, Tiote, Gosling, Guthrie, Amalifitano, Abeid

Forwards: Ba, Cisse, Best, Shameobi, Rodriguiez

Bearing in mind we will have a lot of games to play next season, hopefully, when the cups are taken into account plus the ACON is on again and I dont expect Senegal to fall at the first hurdle like this year, then we will need all the players we can get up plus it is a great opportunty to blood the kods at the top level.

What becomes realistic if we make the UCL qualifier?

Dreams.

If that's the case........

Krul

Debuchy Douglas Colo Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Belhanda

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Oh i do love this dreams thing  :megusta:

Really think we need a bit British in our team just to retain its identity, although all our good players are foreign I dont really want to turn into what arsenal were with the whole 11 being foreign

Guest magpie99

He is not a bad keeper and is playing behind the PL worst defence plus he is young, cheap when they do down and would only be back up to Krul. Not a lot of other options around really.