Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Doubt we would have to worry about Arsenal as far as a possible move for Hoilett goes..... they have enough wide players as it is and quite frankly have alot more to worry about than signing thier 10th or 11th winger lol.

The teams i see getting involved are Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Doubt we would have to worry about Arsenal as far as a possible move for Hoilett goes..... they have enough wide players as it is and quite frankly have alot more to worry about than signing thier 10th or 11th winger lol.

Whilst you're completely right... that's never stopped them signing that kind of player before. In fact, Arsenal tend to deal exclusively in Attacking Midfield players.

Whilst you're completely right... that's never stopped them signing that kind of player before. In fact, Arsenal tend to deal exclusively in Attacking Midfield players.

Indeed iam naive in the sense that every club will only buy what they need instead of what they want....

Arsenal dont need Hoilett which in a sense should make them steer clear but your right it hasnt stopped them before.

Does Hoilett work hard enough? Suspicous Pards would have less patience than with Ben Arfa

Nah not really and that is a negative but i always considered that Pards would be able to turn him around like he did with Ben Arfa but like you say he probably wouldnt have as much patience with him as his ceiling is not as high.

I know what you're thinking, but considering Barca's trophy-less season and the prospect of a new manager, it might be worth seeing if we can pick up Messi. got to be worth a cheeky bid.

My only doubt is whether or not he'd adjust to the English game. There aren't too many teams like Stoke in La Liga.

Does Hoilett work hard enough? Suspicous Pards would have less patience than with Ben Arfa

I've read that he often forgets his defensive responsibilities.

If Pards can coach it into Ben Arfa, he can coach it into anyone.

Hoilett's top of my list this summer tbh. Would be a terrific addition to the squad - a superb option to have because Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse aren't going to be going at 100mph for all 55 games next season. Better depth up front is vital if we're going to maintain our league position and/or challenge for one of the trophies.

I've read that he often forgets his defensive responsibilities.

If Pards can coach it into Ben Arfa, he can coach it into anyone.

Hoilett's top of my list this summer tbh. Would be a terrific addition to the squad - a superb option to have because Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse aren't going to be going at 100mph for all 55 games next season. Better depth up front is vital if we're going to maintain our league position and/or challenge for one of the trophies.

If we get Mwiba and Deubuchy and  keep all our players I'm a happy camper.

If offered that right now, i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't take it. I just think some extra firepower will be absolutely crucial for the Euro journey.

True, but now we have Mav and Romain as backups for Ba, Cisse and Hatem. That's a pretty good reinforcement in attack. I really like what I've seen from Mav: superb ball control, great vision and always make the right pass at the right time. Although he must be used on the left.. 

But i'd be laying if I said that I wouldn't take Hoilett ;)  He would've made the transfer window pardtastic.

If offered that right now, i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't take it. I just think some extra firepower will be absolutely crucial for the Euro journey.

True, but now we have Mav and Romain as backups for Ba, Cisse and Hatem. That's a pretty good reinforcement in attack. I really like what I've seen from Mav: superb ball control, great vision and always make the right pass at the right time. Although he must be used on the left.. 

But i'd be laying if I said that I wouldn't take Hoilett ;)  He would've made the transfer window pardtastic.

Marveaux needs to stay fit and Amalfitano came from Ligue 2. We need a bigger squad than that.

I've seen him a few times basjen.

He's a lively player, was one of few trying to make things happen in a very goalshy Pools team last year. Really good attitude and application on the pitch, wasn't intimidated despite him being half the size of opponents.

He's just 17 though and he's a mile away from being a top flight player, physically and technically. Signing him would be gambling on potential and nothing concrete.

I've seen him a few times basjen.

He's a lively player, was one of few trying to make things happen in a very goalshy Pools team last year. Really good attitude and application on the pitch, wasn't intimidated despite him being half the size of opponents.

He's just 17 though and he's a mile away from being a top flight player, physically and technically. Signing him would be gambling on potential and nothing concrete.

Might be completely different players but I will ask anyway, does he compare to Ferguson? If so would you say Ferguson is further along in his development.

Dont think Hoillets work rate is that bad and he would soon realise that its required to fit in the team. In a side full of total tosh, he was often alone in trying desperatly to make something happen, or at least he was in the games i saw. In the 3-1 when Ba scored 3 he was by far the most dangerous player in blackburn colours. Love his goals aswell.... no side footed sh*t, concentrates on hitting the target and hitting it hard.

How about this Luke James from Hartlepool? Is he one for the future?

Don't know anything about him footballing wise. He's a mackem though. Doesn't have to mean anything, of course.

Similar build and attitude but Ferguson is further along without a doubt and much better player right now.

Ferguson has some idea what position he is (although the LB/LW debate will continue) too.

Cheers mate.

Dont think Hoillets work rate is that bad and he would soon realise that its required to fit in the team. In a side full of total tosh, he was often alone in trying desperatly to make something happen, or at least he was in the games i saw. In the 3-1 when Ba scored 3 he was by far the most dangerous player in blackburn colours. Love his goals aswell.... no side footed sh*t, concentrates on hitting the target and hitting it hard.

It isnt but not bad isnt good enough for Pardew and with good reason some of the best sides in world football are just as good without the ball as they are without it at the top level its a must....

If Hoilett where to come here he would have to improve his defensive side just like Ben Arfa did.

Also yes if everyone stayed and we signed Mbiwa and Debuchy id be delighted.

My hopes that we sign Debuchy and Mbiwa grow everyday. I dont think I could contain myself should this happen. Repeat the sentiments that to have any chance of getting Debuchy we need to get the deal done before the Euro's. Unless France fail miserably and dont get through their group, highly unlikely though given the look of their squad.

Debuchy

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

:pedro: