Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Dont think Hoillets work rate is that bad and he would soon realise that its required to fit in the team. In a side full of total tosh, he was often alone in trying desperatly to make something happen, or at least he was in the games i saw. In the 3-1 when Ba scored 3 he was by far the most dangerous player in blackburn colours. Love his goals aswell.... no side footed sh*t, concentrates on hitting the target and hitting it hard.

It isnt but not bad isnt good enough for Pardew and with good reason some of the best sides in world football are just as good without the ball as they are without it at the top level its a must....

If Hoilett where to come here he would have to improve his defensive side just like Ben Arfa did.

Also yes if everyone stayed and we signed Mbiwa and Debuchy id be delighted.

Hoillett also needs to cut out his diving - so fucking annoying.

The more I think about it, we should be in for Diame. Good back up for Tiote as he is prone to a few hamstring injuries a season. I know he'll be off to ACON but with the extra games next season we'll need him. I mean, a Senegal international on a free transfer.......has a certain ring to it!

Our squad for next year assuming we have two for each positions  a couple of versatile players and 3 keepers...

GK: Krul, Elliot, Forster

RD: Simpson

LD: Santon, Ferguson

CD: Coloccini, S,Taylor, Williamson

RW: Ben Arfa, Obertan

CM: Cabaye, Tiote, Amalfitano, Gosling, Abeid, Vuckic

LW: Jonas, Marveaux

ST: Cisse, Ba, Ameobi, Best

Versatile players: Perch, R. Taylor

Looking at this we need to sign a quality fullback and a quality centre back. Then for whoever else is sold, they need replaced with a player of equal or better ability.

Thats all I can see us signing with perhaps a young striker with alot of potential.

Guest frazernufc

If we fail to sign Debuchy, then our number 1 target should be Clyne. Fair enough there may be more established RBs elsewhere, but am I the only one slightly concerned (its not actually a major problem for me, as im fine with us signing the best players possible) about the lack of home grown talent we are trying to sign. Fair enough English players are stupidly overpriced especially for an established English player, and we do have a few English squad players, but just from the first season back in the Premier League we had a whole load of English players in the first 11 to the squad now, and with it seeming Simpson, Smith, Guthrie going out, I'm more concerned we'll fill the void with cheap foreign imports. I think the club should start looking a little more into younger English players a bit more. Although saying all that im frothing at the mouth just at the prospect of Debuchy. Nah actually f*** it, lets just transfer the club to France and smash Ligue 1 up.

Does any one think Adel Taarabt could do a job for us in left attacking midfield? I know allot of people want Hoillet but I can see more lucrative offers from other clubs for him due to him being on a free transfer. Taarabts very similar to Ben Arfa technique and skill wise and he's right footed so could cut in on his right to shoot. Fair enough he's had a terrible season but that was largely down to him being unsettled and badly managed. I'm sure Pards could get the best out of him and his value is around about £5mill so he's definitely worth a shout imo.

Yakubu available for £1m according to SSN. I'd have him in a flash for that price.

If he'd be content at this stage not being a starter that'd be a steal tbh. But you can assume he'll have better offers than being on the bench.

No thanks.

Fat little turd who gets huffy if he's not playing every week. He'll only score goals if he's playing regularly and if he's not he's a complete drag on whatever team he's playing for.

No thanks.

Fat little turd who gets huffy if he's not playing every week. He'll only score goals if he's playing regularly and if he's not he's a complete drag on whatever team he's playing for.

Portsmouth - 36 in 81

Boro - 25 in 73

Everton - 25 in 82

Leicester - 11 in 20

Blackburn - 17 in 30

He had two poor scoring seasons with Everton, other than that he's scored double-figures in 7 of his 9 seasons.

Those poor scoring seasons at Everton were the seasons where he wasn't playing all the time. Doesn't start every game = doesn't score.

Those 2 seasons...2008-9 season he scored 4 in 14, just short of 1 in 3, 09-10 season he only started 9 and made 16 sub apps, still scored 5 and made 4. I'd be chuffed with those figures from a 3rd choice striker.

Anyone who thinks Aiyegbeni is a good fit for this club, any other club, or a national team is clearly somewhat disturbed. He is fat, lazy, and a mercenary whose sole focus is money. He will bundle the ball in with his massive arse every few games, but provide absolutely nothing else to the side. There was a time during the middle part of last decade, when he was genuinely a good footballer, but then he became pregnant. Now he is only good for teams that think they might be relegated and need goals at any cost to the rest of the side.

Anyone who thinks Aiyegbeni is a good fit for this club, any other club, or a national team is clearly somewhat disturbed. He is fat, lazy, and a mercenary. He will bundle the ball in with his massive arse every few games, but you will get nothing else. There was a time during the middle part of last decade, when he was genuinely a good footballer, but then he became pregnant.

:lol:

I agree completely by the way.

Anyone who thinks Aiyegbeni is a good fit for this club, any other club, or a national team is clearly somewhat disturbed. He is fat, lazy, and a mercenary whose sole focus is money. He will bundle the ball in with his massive arse every few games, but provide absolutely nothing else to the side. There was a time during the middle part of last decade, when he was genuinely a good footballer, but then he became pregnant. Now he is only good for teams that think they might be relegated and need goals at any cost to the rest of the side.

He's just averaged over 1 in 2 games in one of the shittest teams I've seen in the Premier League for ages.

:lol:

Harsh but true..