Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

How about Emre Can, free transfer this summer (unless I have missed something) ? Would command a decent wedge though for wages, we'll probably not pay.

He's going to Juve. People are finding it hard to grasp "realistic" [emoji38]

Hey I signed him for my FiFA game so....

King's exactly what we should look for in a striker. That 8 last season was being heavily rotated and often having to play behind Defoe or Wilson. The 16 is when he got to play up top. He's quick, strong and scores goals. A massive upgrade.

He's quite obviously better than Gayle, like. 8 PL goals last season and 16 the season before that. Gayle can only dream.

And he has never played as a striker consistently too.

Think he has much more potential as a goal scorer.

Only just turned 26 earlier this year so a reall good age with a good amount of experience already also.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he was very good against us at SJP. A stronger and more confident Gayle basically. By confident I mean in his all-round game enough to impose it and force things. Gayle plays with his head down a lot and doesn’t seem confident when up against someone. He’s a decent finisher though when given the time and chance.

I like King. Given his age & quality I think he's worth twice the amount of Dwight Gayle - whatever he's worth these days, obviously not the £15 million Fulham apparently bid, perhaps more like £10 million. I think we as a fan base have been conditioned a bit in terms of fees through years of bidding & spending very little. If King cost £20 million say, and Rafa wants him - I honestly couldn't give a fuck how much money it is, just pay it and get him, everyone else does.

I'd take King. As HTT says he ripped us to bits at SJP showing good movement and the ability to run with the ball and go at people that Rafa would love. It'll come down to his finishing.

If he's the striker we go for I'd like us to upgrade Perez personally.

I like King as well, if Rafa rates him that's good enough for me. My only question would be his injury record, is it a problem or was it just that first season when they got promoted?

I like King as well, if Rafa rates him that's good enough for me. My only question would be his injury record, is it a problem or was it just that first season when they got promoted?

What injury record?

What injury record?

Wasn't he out a fair bit in the season before last?

We are 100% after King, fwiw. At a price we really shouldn't be.

Interesting. What kind of price is being quoted?

£22m. Bournemouth want more. Suspect that is what this recent press is all about.