Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Honestly if it has to be a choice I'd take a winger over anything. I'm willing to take a chance with neither Williamson nor Coloccini getting injured for the rest of the season if it means we can get a player with a bit of attacking intent on one of the wings.

If its 8M would'nt it be wise to go after players with contract up in summer and putting in a few cheeky bids for 2-3 players instead of one player like Samba?

For example spending 2-3 on a CB, LB and winger each iam sure its possible as clubs wont want to let thier players go for free and we have shown in the past its still possible to get quality players at bargain prices.....

I am reminded of that long list of players out of contract in summer that could be available, surely that would be better than buying just 1 quality defender?

To be honest, I'd be happy to get a centre half in on loan if it let us buy a player who could change our game going forward. Only real requirement is to be able to head a ball if either of Colo or Mike get injured.

Not a position we should prioritise, but we really should stick a little bid in for Momo Diamé. Contract is up at the end of the season and he is a class player. The resale value would be unreal, so it makes no sense not to. Buy now, sell later

Not a position we should prioritise, but we really should stick a little bid in for Momo Diamé. Contract is up at the end of the season and he is a class player. The resale value would be unreal, so it makes no sense not to. Buy now, sell later

Would be a classy back up for Tiote tbf......

Doubt he'd want that though.

To be honest, I'd be happy to get a centre half in on loan if it let us buy a player who could change our game going forward. Only real requirement is to be able to head a ball if either of Colo or Mike get injured.

that wouldn't be so bad.

mick asked a few days back as to why i'd rather we get a centre half than an attacking player (unfortunatly it does seem like it's an either/or) and i never got round to answering due to injury.....anyway here goes.after seeing what we are like with defensive injuries it leaves me scared and i'd much rather go to the end of the season with best or shola up front than risk playing with perch (more slagged off than he deserved mind) for the rest of the season.

Why is Wenger being a cunt?

Because he Park is Korean, and he hasn't dropped one of the form players in world football for him obviously, despite Park being seen as fairly shit by most Arsenal fans.

Because he Park is Korean, and he hasn't dropped one of the form players in world football for him obviously, despite Park being seen as fairly shit by most Arsenal fans.

:lol: :thup:

Think I'd give up with football if we signed that abomination.

Honestly if it has to be a choice I'd take a winger over anything. I'm willing to take a chance with neither Williamson nor Coloccini getting injured for the rest of the season if it means we can get a player with a bit of attacking intent on one of the wings.

or Pardew could just stop being a dick and play Ben Arfa on the wing, leaving the whole budget for a defender.

"On 30 August 2011, English Premier League club Arsenal confirmed the signing of Park.[2] He was given the number 9 shirt. Chu-Young also announced that in two years time he will have to leave Arsenal for military service"

If he was any good, why didn't he play for Monaco (Ligue2) in August?

Really? What are these judgements being based on?

The 300 minutes competitive football in 4 relatively meaningless games he's been given in the past four months? His 0 Premiership appearances? His 7 goals in 5 games for the national team since joining Arsenal?

Obviously I'm not advocating that he start ahead of RVP. Why is he not even on the bench of Chamakh, who supposedly has no future at Arsenal? Why is a geriatric Thierry Henry being loaned for two months so they can keep him off the bench while Chamakh is away at the ACON? Why has he not been given a single minute in a game that matters to prove that he's not terrible?

And if he's so shit that Wenger can tell he's shit without even seeing him play, why go to the trouble of pulling him out of a hotel room in Lille and signing him for a good bit of money in the first place?

Why?

:rant:

The 300 minutes competitive football in 4 relatively meaningless games he's been given in the past four months? His 0 Premiership appearances? His 7 goals in 5 games for the national team since joining Arsenal?

Obviously I'm not advocating that he start ahead of RVP. Why is he not even on the bench of Chamakh, who supposedly has no future at Arsenal? Why is a geriatric Thierry Henry being loaned for two months so they can keep him off the bench while Chamakh is away at the ACON? Why has he not been given a single minute in a game that matters to prove that he's not terrible?

And if he's so shit that Wenger can tell he's shit without even seeing him play, why go to the trouble of pulling him out of a hotel room in Lille and signing him for a good bit of money in the first place?

Why?

He obviously realised what a monumental fuck up he made, hence not playing him despite everything said above. He's that bad that they've had to go out and sign Henry which speaks volumes.

Why?

He obviously realised what a monumental fuck up he made, hence not playing him despite everything said above. He's that bad that they've had to go out and sign Henry which speaks volumes.

He's not though.

I'm biased, but I know that he's more than good enough to at least get a chance to prove that he can play.

If there was no intention of letting him be anything other than emergency cover, then they should have not signed him as opposed to ruining a decent player's career.

Why?

He's not though.

I'm biased, but I know that he's more than good enough to at least get a chance to prove that he can play.

If there was no intention of letting him be anything other than emergency cover, then they should have not signed him as opposed to ruining a decent player's career.

He's been given game time in the Champions League but proved he wasn't up to it.

Why?

He's not though.

He's been given game time in the Champions League but proved he wasn't up to it.

By that logic Coloccini should have never played for us again starting sometime around October 2008.

Not sure if it's to piss oldtype off or not, but Park really isn't an abomination. 13 goals for Monaco when they went down is pretty decent tbf. In any case he should get the chance ahead of Chamakh who has proven he's not up to the Prem.