Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Be interesting to see where #nufc turn regarding a CB , FC Twente defender Douglas not high up the list say Dutch media

:undecided:

Douglas has never sounded like he's that keen on joining us. He's the one who said something along the lines of "Newcastle are one of the clubs interested in me. There are bigger clubs than Newcastle interested in me". Recently I've read he wants to leave on a free in the Summer and likes the idea of playing in Germany.

Scott Wilson from the Echo seemed to think we are and god knows we need one..... arguably more than a forward.

I'm getting the feeling if we do get one then it will be out of the blue and not a name we expect.... i don't usually say that but practically every target has been knocked back or rejected in some manner.

Wonder if we have any real interest in Toby Alderweireld, or if there'd even be any chance of him following Anita here. Contract up in 18 months, but the price would still be substantial.

If we're looking for a first-choice CB and not just another body then he's the sort of class of player we should be trying to get.

linked with Alderweireld last summer weren't we ?

It's done the rounds over the last 12 months in a few of the papers if I'm remembering rightly, I think he's one of those that is destined to move to England sooner rather than later. Not necessarily to us, of course :laugh:

To be honest most of the foreign names we are linked to I haven't heard of before but think 'yeah we need him, can only be him'.

We will sign Gianluca Poppoli from some Italian side and I will be wearing the skin off my knob after watching a few youtube videos and what people who have watched him say.

I want a big, dominating bastard of a centre back. It'd be great if they were fast too but a goal threat from set pieces would be great. Let's bring Chris Samba back!

Was reading your post and thinking Samba then got to the end (okay I'm a slow reader!) :lol:

Wish we signed him when it was realistic. Would have been perfect for us.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Be interesting to see where #nufc turn regarding a CB , FC Twente defender Douglas not high up the list say Dutch media

He literally has no clue, does he? Has to leech all of his info from other media outlets. :lol:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

He literally has no clue, does he? Has to leech all of his info from other media outlets. :lol:

"Dutch media" is probably just his mother reading ceefax to him whilst putting on a Schteve Mclaren accent.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

I find it strange that the dutch media would know who we don't want!? :lol:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

He's just lucky it was an anglo-ish name this time. If he had a Dutch nickname, Ryder was toast.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

I find it strange that the dutch media would know who we don't want!? :lol:

Aye, that crossed my mind too. :laugh: