Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'd like to see us go for any decent centre back at the moment, even an experienced one around 30 if need be. I know we like to buy players with years left on the clock, but right now I'd take someone older if they are big uplift in class over Willamson.

I'd probably say stick in a bid for Dawson. He's been reasonably decent for Spurs, even if a tad slow and prone to a red at times. He maybe a weak link in a side challenging for 4th spot, but he's a million miles better than Willamson and I think he'd work well with Taylor and Colo.

I'd like to see us go for any decent centre back at the moment, even an experienced one around 30 if need be. I know we like to buy players with years left on the clock, but right now I'd take someone older if they are big uplift in class over Willamson.

I'd probably say stick in a bid for Dawson. He's been reasonably decent for Spurs, even if a tad slow and prone to a red at times. He maybe a weak link in a side challenging for 4th spot, but he's a million miles better than Willamson and I think he'd work well with Taylor and Colo.

I think he'd do well for a lot of reasons. Problem is, there's absolutely zero chance of you meeting Levy's transfer fee demands.

Just been watching some of Aubameyang's YT vids. He looks class, would love either him or Remy. If we end up with Remy this window it'd be nice to think we'd follow up our interest in Aubameyang during the summer.

Was looking thru the IBWM 100 list, saw this Gotoku Sakai and looked him up in YT. Equally adept at both LB and RB and good crossing with either foot. Takes a mean set piece from what I saw too. :drool: On loan to Stuttgart with an option to buy, which most likely will be peanuts. Doesn't even need a WP since he has a German mum.

Wished we venture into the Asian and SA markets for these bargains too. The German clubs are way ahead of us when it comes to Asian players.

Was looking thru the IBWM 100 list, saw this Gotoku Sakai and looked him up in YT. Equally adept at both LB and RB and good crossing with either foot. Takes a mean set piece from what I saw too. :drool: On loan to Stuttgart with an option to buy, which most likely will be peanuts. Doesn't even need a WP since he has a German mum.

Wished we venture into the Asian and SA markets for these bargains too. The German clubs are way ahead of us when it comes to Asian players.

Would be a nice idea as i feel Santon needs some competition anyway and if he can play both flanks even better.

I agree on the Asian market btw the added bonus being how much money you can make of them, look how much Man Yoo made off Park for example :lol:

There's a lot of untapped potential in areas we don't look at.

I don't have the numbers on me but it's no coincidence how big they got in Asia since they signed Park.

You can make a shit load on shirt sales alone by getting Asian players.

I doubt it was a coincidence they signed Kagawa this season when Park left.

I don't have the numbers on me but it's no coincidence how big they got in Asia since they signed Park.

You can make a shit load on shirt sales alone by getting Asian players.

Man United are big in Asia anyway. It's the combination of it being Man United and having the best Korean player ever that makes that particularly lucrative. Just signing some random Asian player doesn't generate instant revenue stream.

Yeah i'm not saying it generates instant revenue, but it does help and their revenue over there has sky rocketed since signing Park.

Obviously they had a platform to build from anyway but if you are to buy a future Asian star or one who already is its likely you can make a lot of money on them.

Just been watching some of Aubameyang's YT vids. He looks class, would love either him or Remy. If we end up with Remy this window it'd be nice to think we'd follow up our interest in Aubameyang during the summer.

:lol:

OOC in 2014 and we'll need another striker to replace Xisco. :pow:

Yeah i'm not saying it generates instant revenue, but it does help and their revenue over there has sky rocketed since signing Park.

Obviously they had a platform to build from anyway but if you are to buy a future Asian star or one who already is its likely you can make a lot of money on them.

Where was that post I made ages ago?

This is a myth by the way. Man United sells shirts in Korea because they're Man United, not because Park plays for them.

I have literally never seen a single person walking around in a Wolves, Spurs, Reading, West Brom, Boro, Wigan, Bolton, or Celtic shirt around here.

Oh yes, here it is.

Do agree that we need to look at the Asian markets more. There are established internationals here that would move to ANY Premiership club that would give them a chance for next to nothing.

Can't see much money being made in Asia with what must be 99% of fans wearing fake strips.

TV money? What are the actual cash benefits?

BTW it was Beckham that took Manure to the next level in Asia.

Can't see much money being made in Asia with what must be 99% of fans wearing fake strips.

There's plenty of money to be had in Asia, it's just that Man U and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Liverpool have already laid claim to most of it.

Despite being glory hunters, most Asian fans aren't going to suddenly change allegiance just because Newcastle just bought the latest Asian star.

There's plenty of money to be had in Asia, it's just that Man U and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Liverpool have already laid claim to most of it.

Despite being glory hunters, most Asian fans aren't going to suddenly change allegiance just because Newcastle just bought the latest Asian star.

How do the clubs make money though? Can't be through merchandising, its all fake.

Look at the sponsors around Man United's home games. Asian tyre firms, Asian betting companies, airlines that fly to Asia. Then their are the local sponsorship deals, when I was in Malaysia (where Man United are massive despite never having had a Malay player) they had sponsorship deals with the local version of pringles, local soft drinks. Add to that a lot of wealthy tourists coming over and taking in a game and a lot of fans buying official merchandise it all adds up.

Plus the money they're raking in from Old Trafford Burger on the mean streets of Penang.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536439_592483289236_647515578_n.jpg

Disco has got it right. The main thing is sponsorship deals. Loads of gigantic companies lining up around here to associate themselves with Man U or Liverpool.

I shudder to think of how much money Man U makes off their sponsorship deals with Kumho Tire or the Seoul Municipal Government. (Was quite happy to see the back of the idiot mayor who sanctioned that.)

Chelsea's shirt sponsorship deal with Samsung is another good example.

Sewelly's point about merchandise selling well in the more developed Asian countries is also true. We're not all third-world wearers of fake shirts :lol:

Old Trafford Burger  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Righto, so it's mainly sponsorship where the income comes from rather than the actual supporters.

I know not all of Asia wears fake football strips, some wear blazers.  :lol: