Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Diabate scored 2 for Bordeaux in their cup win last night, including an 89th minute winner. He also missed a penalty.

Means he finishes the season with 15 goals and 4 assists in 33 games (19 starts).

Guest Roger Kint

Is he the big lad who scored past us?

Aye he has been terrible every time i have seen him. Sure someone on here who watches a lot said hes far worse than Shola

Aye he has been terrible every time i have seen him. Sure someone on here who watches a lot said hes far worse than Shola

Hatem Garrincha. Not someone I'd put a great deal of stock in opinion-wise personally.

Not saying Diabate isn't a cart-horse in terms of style, but he's certainly "realistic" and has proven to be effective in what he does. There aren't many other budget Carroll types around.

Interestingly has a better record than his compatriot Maiga did when we all but signed him, although is a very different type of player.

Guest Roger Kint

No-one is worse than Shola.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/shared-images/players/j/jose-antunes-fumaca/44851-lsh.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

Hatem Garrincha. Not someone I'd put a great deal of stock in opinion-wise personally.

Not saying Diabate isn't a cart-horse in terms of style, but he's certainly "realistic" and has proven to be effective in what he does. There aren't many other budget Carroll types around.

Interestingly has a better record than his compatriot Maiga did when we all but signed him, although is a very different type of player.

If realistic means any old shite then god help us.

I know what you mean but he fits our stamp to a tee and honestly I've seen Bordeaux about a dozen times this season, they've typically been far better with him than without.

Guest Roger Kint

I know what you mean but he fits our stamp to a tee and honestly I've seen Bordeaux about a dozen times this season, they've typically been far better with him than without.

Isnt Bellion the alternative though when hes not playing? Can see what you mean but i still have hope we arent going down that route(given the reports we arent after Carroll now)

Aye it's safe to say since Gouffran left they've been somewhat light up top! It's been a little fella called Diego Rolan deputising when I've seen them typically, Uruguayan.

guardian reckon all these could be on the way out of citeh: Costel Pantilimon, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, Scott Sinclair, John Guidetti, Maicon, Edin Dzeko

we'd be stupid not top punt in for Guidetti surely?

guardian reckon all these could be on the way out of citeh: Costel Pantilimon, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, Scott Sinclair, John Guidetti, Maicon, Edin Dzeko

we'd be stupid not top punt in for Guidetti surely?

I'd put-in bids for Sinclair and Guidetti.

Not realistic but i would have liked Dzeko, still think he could have done much better if he had got a long run of games and be the main man.

Would be a very good signing for Dortmund.

Would love Guidetti based on what I've seen from him (as long as we get someone proven too). Didn't someone on here say he had a terrible attitude or something like that?

Its the other way around. Guidetti is known for his fantastic attitude. He has had a very strange injury for a whole season. He ate bad chicken and bacteria started to kill his muscles.. Hopefully he can come back from now and if he does he would be a great addition to our squad.

Guest SweMatt

On BBC today:

Argentina striker Higuain, 25, who has been linked with Juventus, confirmed his intention to leave the Bernabeu this summer.

Higuain, who joined Real from River Plate in 2006, said: "I feel that my time has ended, I want a change of scene.

"They were seven intense, hard, happy years. It was a well thought out decision and it isn't easy, but I want to go to a new club, to new challenges.

"There are offers, including Juventus, but I don't know. I would like to go somewhere that can show for real that they want me."

Jonas can surely give the man a call? I reckon he would be ours for £20m.  :)