Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'm not too bothered if the hypothetical striker is an upgrade on Ba (taking him as the example as he is allegedly our best striker at the minute) - I would have been happy with another stiker that was an upgrade in replacement  for Shola, Lovenkrands or Ranger as the former have had too much time on the field already this season and will accrue many more before the next window opens.

I'm not too bothered if the hypothetical striker is an upgrade on Ba (taking him as the example as he is allegedly our best striker at the minute) - I would have been happy with another stiker that was an upgrade in replacement  for Shola, Lovenkrands or Ranger as the former have had too much time on the field already this season and will accrue many more before the next window opens.

:thup:

I think these threads are the most useless on the forum for the sole reason that, time and time again, what fans consider realtistic and what the board consider realistic is two totally different things.

and, to further explain my view; at several EPL clubs there are some coherence between what the fans expects and predicts, and what the club are looking for. I'd say NUFC's actions are quite hard to predict in any way.

Not really maze. What people perceive as realistically possible and what people perceive as realistically considering our owners are two very different things.

True. Which goes on to show you that no-one really knows whats going on, and that this is thread is better off named something else.

who  they can get rid off for a fast buck, can't see much comming will be same as last January,unexpected players leaving with sod all coming in

Nah, they'll get a striker in IF we lack goals and/or are in danger of relegation come January.

Anyone seen Mathias Zanka Jorgensen play? 

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Mathias-Zanka-Jorgensen-Former-Arsenal-trialist-a-defensive-star-in-the-making/12955/

This young danish centre back, currently playing for FC Copenhagen, look class. Great physique and already a captain for the club.  At the moment he is injured but he could be a great player for us in january.  Any danish NUFC-fans have eny input on the guy?

Anyone seen Mathias Zanka Jorgensen play? 

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Mathias-Zanka-Jorgensen-Former-Arsenal-trialist-a-defensive-star-in-the-making/12955/

This young danish centre back, currently playing for FC Copenhagen, look class. Great physique and already a captain for the club.  At the moment he is injured but he could be a great player for us in january.  Any danish NUFC-fans have eny input on the guy?

i see him alot. out for 2-3 month. He is good...became captain for FCK this season. Still making too many mistakes. He has a bright future ahead of him...but im not sure he is suited for the PL....he should go to italy, spain or germany first. imo he is not strong enough to handle strong PL strikers...maybe in some years time. He will cost around 4-5 mill euro (my guess) which is too much for him at this point in time...

Love to see us get Papiss Cisse, and that's all we should care about. If Maiga can keep on contributing then we go after him or Papiss. They're realistic and would improve us.

Cisse has signed a new contract with Freiburg but is allowed to leave next summer:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_7181096,00.html

Watched him play against Stuttgart on ESPN last night. Looked real quality in a shite Freiburg side.

Would have suited us down to the ground.