QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

I like Jonas but he has been guilty of wasting numerous crossing opportunities as well tonight. Very frustrating stuff.

Movement for him when he's had the ball near their (the few times...............) has been dire, absolutely fucking dire.

He waits and waits and waits for the overlap before remembering the overlap's at his new house in Liverpool.

Working hard but completely void of ideas of how to attack, create and shoot. We aren't doing too badly but we are easily second best. Taarabt is the difference maker. We have no create spark to do anything different or unpredictable.

Defensively we look good bar raylor.

Cabaye is invisible and both he and tiote are sitting so deep yet again we offer nothing through the middle coming forward.

Best, obertan and guru are working hard and playing well.

We desperately need players to find confidence to shoot in and around the area because we are offering little right now.

No overly surprised with that.

They've got loads of new players, newly promoted, at home - they're excited. And we've let them play and tried to soak up the pressure (rightly or wrongly).

The novelty will wear off and the more chances they miss, the edgier they'll get. Make a couple of decent subs and we could nick this.

Tried to soak up the pressure by leaving them acres of space to freely march into?

Yes. That's why I said "tried to". Get your specs out.

Look at the first 2 words of my post man, brains.

I wouldn't say we've realy been trying to soak up pressure at all, infact most of QPR's chances have been on the break. We just cannot make anything stick up top, we're completely bypassing our midfiled (and most importantly Cabaye), and Ryan Taylor is a woeful human being.

Obertan has been one of the most involved players on the pitch and looks threatening. Surprised people want him off. Shola is ruining almost every attacking move. The difference would be huge with him off.

It's his inability to run at and attack the opposition when he's got the ball at his feet which is really frustrating. Look at the contrast between him and SWP for example.

What doesn't help is the fact he's got pacey fullbacks meaning even kick and run won't work. It was a bad idea to start him really, should be going with Marveaux(sp?) and maybe considering him late on when they're tired legs about.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why is Button hanging out of the window when he clearly has reverse parking sensors?

If I had hair as good as his, I'd hang out of the windows looking sexy too.

Obertan has been one of the most involved players on the pitch and looks threatening. Surprised people want him off. Shola is ruining almost every attacking move. The difference would be huge with him off.

It's his inability to run at and attack the opposition when he's got the ball at his feet which is really frustrating. Look at the contrast between him and SWP for example.

What doesn't help is the fact he's got pacey fullbacks meaning even kick and run won't work. It was a bad idea to start him really, should be going with Marveaux(sp?) and maybe considering him late on when they're tired legs about.

I can never spell it like, does my head in having to keep trying and testing.

I do agree about Obertan not running at people enough. He should certainly be encouraged to do so more. However, he does pass the ball well and looks to link up, but no one else seems to be on the same wavelength. Think it's still been quite effective at times. It would sure help more, if Shola wasn't casually jogging around the place, and instead tried to offer himself as another option, like best has been doing.

I like Jonas but he has been guilty of wasting numerous crossing opportunities as well tonight. Very frustrating stuff.

Movement for him when he's had the ball near their (the few times...............) has been dire, absolutely fucking dire.

He waits and waits and waits for the overlap before remembering the overlap's at his new house in Liverpool.

:'(

I was thinking about Shola's shite movement more but the overlap point is valid too.

What a depressing reminder. :lol: Can just imagine Jonas looking back, seeing Raylor huffing and puffing towards him from the halfway line as he stands at the edge of the box, and just pulls the 'Okay' face.